Home Forums Reviews Classifieds Gallery Chat Calendar Store Map Player Map Links
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: KSC G19/G23 part the same? Mag question as well...  (Read 2246 times)

section5

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
KSC G19/G23 part the same? Mag question as well...
« on: March 01, 2006, 01:52:45 PM »

I have a question for you glock owners. Is part no.7 for the G23f the same as part no.8 for the G19? It's the loading ramp I believe. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 02:12:57 PM by section5 »

the ghoul

Re: KSC G19/G23 part the same?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 02:44:59 PM »

what part is it?  if you tell me i can tell you if it is or isnt.

section5

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 03:29:13 PM »

It's the loading ramp attached to the inner barrel.
In my G23f manual, it's listed as Part No. 7, but in the G19 manual, it's Part No.8.
Here's the link to the parts manual for the G19.

Also my G23f (G17) mag has a metallic clinking noise when I shake it. My old G19 mags never did that. Anyone know why?

the ghoul

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 04:56:03 PM »

i believe it should be the same if it is part of the loading ramp, or the forward part of the trigger assembly

section5

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 05:19:44 PM »

You know what'd be nice is a thread commited to Glocks. Kinda of like the FAF threads in the old forums.
Apparently the clacky mag is common?! Interesting. I'm gonna open it up and see what's the matter with it. I'll post my findings :)

the ghoul

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 05:24:41 PM »

clanky?  something could be loose or broken...

section5

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 05:46:49 PM »

I checked out Uncompany, Redwolf and WGC. They either don't carry that part or it's out of stock. WGC has that part, but it's plastic and it looks different from the G19/G23f. I live in Canada, so getting that part in the counrty is difficult. Are there companies there in the US that would carry it? I don't know any retailer there except for Airsoft Atlanta or Airsplat. Are there any other retailers I should check out?

bartsimpson123844

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 06:19:06 PM »

I checked out Uncompany, Redwolf and WGC. They either don't carry that part or it's out of stock. WGC has that part, but it's plastic and it looks different from the G19/G23f. I live in Canada, so getting that part in the counrty is difficult. Are there companies there in the US that would carry it? I don't know any retailer there except for Airsoft Atlanta or Airsplat. Are there any other retailers I should check out?
If FAF was here, he would probably just send you the part.....come back FAF!! :)

Q Mark

• Colonel
  • Woot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2006, 10:09:02 PM »

Hmm, yeah, I recieved your PM. The answer: Nope, I'm not from ASC, and am not a Glock Fan...

I can still help you out though...

I would GUESS that they are the same part, but I've only had the Glock 19, not the 23f.

As for the rattling, it's most likely a minor problem... Many gas guns have a few defects in their mags, not uncommon. Most likely a few sediments or a useless piece, or something that wasn't secure to tightly. Check your screws and see that they are tight... Best way to find out is taking them apart.

Where to get this piece? Shortyusa mentions a KWA warranty center, best bet there.

trdsupragt

• Major
  • Glock/WA Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 12:33:27 AM »

The two parts are indeed the same.  Most places might be out of stock on them, but just in case, try WGC Shop, or Combat Depot. 

As for your magazine issue, I don't think it's a common problem.  It might be a loose weight inside or something. 

ICS M4A1 /w SureFire M500AB (completely upgraded)
M16A2 /w M203 (custom built)
Kimber Custom TLE II w/ SureFire 310R (FM)
Glock 19 w/ SureFire X200A (upgraded)
TM P226 w/ SureFire X200B (FM)
KWA M9 (metal slide) Wilson Combat CQB (metal slide) Wilson Combat Tactical Supergrade

section5

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: KSC G19/G23 part the same? Mag quirk as well
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 02:11:04 PM »

Thanks for the help guys!

Looks like WGC does have them. I may order the reinforced nylon one from Shooters design. Is it the same dimensions as the G19/23f? They almost look different :-\

I'm going with the nylon one because I have noticed in both my G23f and my friends G19 with the metal loading ramp, that the edges along the ramp are chewed up?! It looks like the edges have been chipped. I think that may be the cause of no BB being chambered and subsequently double feeding.

Any other experts on here that may know if the G17/G18 loading ramp is the same as the G19/23f loading ramp?

I've discovered what was wrong with my mag. The brass cyclinder that's attached to part number 220 on the G19 exploded view above, has become detached. Strange. Must've been detached while in delivery. Does anyone know if I leave it out, will it be okay? What purpose does it serve inside the mag? I was thinking that it directs the gas down (up) the mag when filling so it does not freeze the seal (part no.217). Could that be why it's there?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 26 queries.