Home Forums Reviews Classifieds Gallery Chat Calendar Store Map Player Map Links
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Super 9, can it really be that bad?  (Read 3297 times)

L a R i A t

• 1 Strike
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
Super 9, can it really be that bad?
« on: August 20, 2011, 03:25:48 PM »

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AR-UA-UG511-X9.htm

This review made me kind of want one just to mess around with, and maybe allow unsuspecting players to borrow it.

But maybe the reviewer is lying. Can anyone tell me if the Super 9 is as bad as people say? Or is it just knocked down by everyone? Is it a half decent rifle?

If it was possible to make this gun shoot 200' effectively... then I'd right down at my local field using it, and everyone would laugh until I shot them at 200'.

afathobo13

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: Super 9, can it really be that bad?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 03:35:43 PM »

Well I'll tell you the older models (had a Super 9 Pro) sucked something awful. I'm not sure about the X-9 series though, maybe they're an improvement...maybe not. In all honesty, I'd be inclined to go with the latter.
Primaries: KWA SR10, Magpul PTS Masada, CA M15A4, CYMA M14
Secondaries: KJW M9A1, KJW G23

DHM78

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 12:32:54 AM »

The simple answer?  Yes, it really is that bad.  The X-series really isn't much of any improvement either.  It's a gun with an over-complicated, overall poor design with no real way to substantially improve it. 

maj.scooter

• Corporal
    • View Profile
    • team prometheus airsoft
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 11:02:39 PM »

Every one I know that has used one has been of the same option they aren't worth the plastic they are molded in.The older models can't hit anything 50 feet in front of them.I heard they got better with the new models after they put in better hopups.But I'm inclined to say they are still junk because they still use the same internals,bolt,and every thing.
Major
XO, Team Prometheus
spec ops detachment of SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of SGC & SG-SOCOM

gunfighters

• Buzz Killington
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
    • milsimlabs
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 10:28:10 AM »

the answer is yes...and no
The older models can't hit anything 50 feet in front of them.
BS
I had 2 back in 2000, could put a 3 shot group in to PB ,mask @ 120',
there were a lot of tings you could do, the nozzle is chocked down to keep it 1j, booring it out gains a lot of power,m add adjustabul hop up.. if you have one never use the shells the cause horbily accurcy issues
the S9 is the UHC copy of a (drawing a blanke here), A lot of things have been done to it, even a spring so large you have to cock it with your foot by standing on it (used for hunting)

10 years ago it was the ONLY choice for a budget bolt gun, now it is just not worth the money, too many good l96/vsr10 cones on the market for the same price..
it is a relic, and old dezine that was ok in its day, but wasn't able to move forward... compare that to the aps2 witch has  set the bar by witch all others are judged

"snipers" are eliests.. if they have a $$ gun all the outhers must be crap, this is one reasoning(far from the only) the S9 got such a bad rap
I rember with the bar 10 came out... all the "real snipers" said it was a cheap peice of junk for 2 years... then the after market parts caught up and the brilance of its hop up system shone threw.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 10:41:10 AM by gunfighters »
Propane actually isn't all that flammable.
ryanm

Atilla

• DESTROY
  • Administrator
  • General
  • I AM A GUN MADE OF GUNS THAT RUNS ON BLOOD.
    • View Profile
    • Technocratic People's Republic of Vinnland
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 10:33:27 AM »

also calling BS on that statement as i used to own one.

uzi does it...

0n3_sh0t

• Sergeant
  • Waffles>Pancakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 12:47:22 AM »

Seeing people hate on it makes me annoyed, I loved mine, and I feel as though 90% of the stuff I read is speculation. It'd be a good loaner gun imho, or even a good sniper rifle if you're just trying to have fun, not the best by any means, but easily enjoyable.
http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php?topic=81320.msg791916#new
-Chameleon -Cheap bastid -One shot, one kill -Deadly -Eagle eyes -Last Man Standing
-Hippie -1 of 300
-Customizer -Infiltrator -Pimped Gun (VSR)
-Aww, nuts! (That was a bad one, I was the hostage XD)
-Wise old man

maj.scooter

• Corporal
    • View Profile
    • team prometheus airsoft
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 01:11:01 PM »

the answer is yes...and noBS
I had 2 back in 2000, could put a 3 shot group in to PB ,mask @ 120'
also calling BS on that statement as i used to own one.
It's good to hear from people who have had better experiences  with them then I.Maybe the ones I was around where just lemons but I do know no mod work had been done to them.There are those snipers out there that are elitists.And Iv run into them more then I would have liked that say every clone is bad but don't like it when my agm l96 is just as good as there high priced gun.
Major
XO, Team Prometheus
spec ops detachment of SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of SGC & SG-SOCOM

L a R i A t

• 1 Strike
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 04:57:56 PM »

Haha I cant get over that the 'ole Super 9 isn't as bad as it was made out to be. I'm probably going to be purchasing one of those Mk96 AICS 2.5's (folding stock, fluted barrel) from airsplat soon, and I'll get a Super 9 too. More info on how it turns out.

I'm really excited for it to get here.

schizzle1352

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 08:55:27 PM »

I've got one that I bought for the novelty of the ejecting shells. If you want to make the normal Super-9 (not the X-9) more accurate, take a pipe cutter and take about 4 inches off of the barrel length.

While i woould never use it in a skirmish, it's still fun to play around and plink with.

pyrochris

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 11:41:58 PM »

Edit - I just realized how old this thread is.  You must realize I am from the past, at a time when nobody would have thought a thread near the top of the list was months old.  Still, I think I will leave this here.

With some nice VSR copies near the $100 mark (maybe even less nowadays), it probably isn't worth going the super 9 route.  The biggest issue is the lack of aftermarket parts for the s9.  Another problem I had on my V2 was that the stick mags would sometimes double feed and were generally a pain to work with.  I never really experimented much with trying to fix the issue, and I'm not sure if it was a common issue among super nines or if it was just mine.  If it was a common issue, they may have fixed it on later versions.

Generally though, I don't think it is as bad as most people make it out to be.  Perhaps it's just my luck of getting peaches (hell, I even dated princess peach)... the hopup was quite consistent on mine despite its crude design.  The groups were not great due to the poor barrel quality and large ID, but the trajectory was nice.  I corrected the barrel issue with a custom hackjob...installed an AEG barrel that I had lying around.

To the person that said they are overly complicated, the trigger mech involves only one sear.... I have a hard time calling that complicated.  I suppose the shell eject mechanism is slightly tricky... but even that I wouldn't call complicated next to most other rifles. 

On mine, the mechanism of failure was the wearing of the piston lip (which occurred after years of use with a heavy spring).  I bought a replacement bolt and it's still working to this day (must be nearly a decade by now...)  Granted, it barely looks like a super 9 anymore.  I constantly experimented on the poor thing.  At one point in time it was pump action...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 12:04:26 PM by pyrochris »
Quote from: BearWithAGun
I've only known one man who used such a gun, and I believe I've killed him two times

airsoftbugeye

• Private
  • Bawlin MKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 07:24:21 PM »

My friend has one of these and it's really really bad. We use it as a prop for like videos we make cuz it doesn't shoot straight at all. It's a junk gun.

TehLlama

• MacGyver
  • General
  • New Mexico -- Cleaner than Old Mexico
    • View Profile
    • Llama Custom Works
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2011, 01:50:25 AM »

Fun to own, but absolutely terrible for games - I mean unusable inaccuracy, and horrible compared to the VSR10 clones.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.287 seconds with 27 queries.