Home Forums Reviews Classifieds Gallery Chat Calendar Store Map Player Map Links
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TM Spas 12 looking for someone to fix  (Read 2050 times)

JV

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
TM Spas 12 looking for someone to fix
« on: January 17, 2012, 04:27:25 PM »

This is my 2nd TM Spas 12 that broke, due to the fact that it is a TM I heard their pretty much impossible to take apart, so maybe I'll do better in search for the Tokyo Marui e-mail address for airsoft repairs?  please help.

To explain the problem:
I had it for years, used it on and off in a couple of games with friends. Used it exactly as it was made to be used (pull pump back, push forward, shoot.. repeat till empty) BUT after pumping the pump didn't lock forward, instead now it can be pulled back then forward and repeat without locking.

I don't understand if you take care of something, use it correctly and it still breaks!!!
A Mercenary Is A Worrior Of Desperation. They May Come At A High Price Tag, They May Switch Loyalty At The Drop Of A Hat But Despite Their Questionable Moral Fiber They Have The Skills, Weapons, And The Training To Get The Job Done.
Check Out My Albums On ASR Updated Daily

Sparky D

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • Sonic Warfare... When good music goes bad.
    • View Profile
Re: TM Spas 12 looking for someone to fix
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 04:37:18 PM »

It's called "wear and tear" and it happens quite frequently with all sorts of mechanical devices.

Have you cleared the shell and all the BBs from inside the gun? I had a similar situation with a UTG and there was a BB lodged inside that was preventing the pump handle from fully cycling.

Unfortunately, if that doesn't help, then you are likely SOL. There are no repair or replacement parts available for the venerable TM Tri Shots, and TM will not answer any of your communications unless you actually live in Japan (they historically do not care about the airsoft market outside their borders).

You MAY be able to use parts from any of the clone tri-shot guns to repair it, since those are cloned off the TM design, but there's no guarantee...
P=ONN (Where P=Pie and ONN=Om Nom Nom)

Sarcasm is the human body's natural defense against stupidity...

ghost sniper

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 06:28:25 PM »

Empty it then slam the reciever pump forward that should lock it in place and go back to functioning. I had the same problem with a UTG and a super 90.
Got 99 cookies and dat BI*** ate one.

aznriptide859

• Communist Mod
  • Ad Subscriber
  • General
  • *burp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 10:26:33 PM »

If you slam it forward remember that your pump can't lock because there are jammed BB's in the tri-chamber. Slamming it any forward risks damaging it even more.

ghost sniper

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 10:57:04 PM »

After it is unloaded that has always seemed to work for me without a problem but then again I only have a 50 dollar UTG not a pricier TM.
Got 99 cookies and dat BI*** ate one.

joker8baller

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 07:58:29 PM »

Try around? Up here in Sacramento we have a guy that can fix the tri-shots.

Long shot by Badger in Hawaii used to do it, but he stopped when he went to EMT school. Should be done with it now.

axelover

• Sergeant
  • Anything worth doing is worth doing badly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 04:16:11 AM »

The TM tri-shots are indeed hard to fix. I once purchased a broken TM benelli shorty and it took me two weeks to get it running. One of the nozzles broke and jammed the mechanism. I had to make one out of copper and glue it in place. Assembly and disassembly of the gun is a painstking process, but if You have time and patience, it is possible to do it.

Usually, they jam because bb's gets stuck in a space between the three nozzles (dunno why they left the space there in the first place ;/)

The mechanism looks like this - pic 2 (found it on the web, looks like somebody's upper nozzle broke like the one I fixed did)
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBuxKcX4cQYwhZvf4ttLf6J2HNjCEUK8f2e4jjQZJGJERwsYZn9JCrcQkV

Try this, usually helps when my benelli jams:
-remove the shell
-try to shake out bb's out of the mechanism through the ejection port
-try pumping the gun, if it won't lock DON'T PUSH!! (might break the nozzle)
-give it a solid whack in the rear with your hand while pointing the barrel down(might get the bb's out of the mechanism
-try pumping again, facing down
-repeat many times

If that fails, try fiddling with a cleaning rod or a long thin wire with a tiny hook, visualize the insides and try to pry out the bb. Then repeat shaking-pumping.

If THAT fails, and You find nobody to fix it, try opening the gun. But be warned, it is a pain.

joker8baller

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 03:13:10 PM »

Be warned that once you open your gun there's not much to go back to... It's very very hard to put back together.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 26 queries.