Home Forums Reviews Classifieds Gallery Chat Calendar Store Map Player Map Links
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Out of the following models which you have experience with, which do you recommend?

UHC 1911
- 1 (20%)
TSD 1911 "Tac"
- 1 (20%)
KWC M1911A1
- 2 (40%)
KWC Delta Elite
- 1 (20%)
Colt Licensed 1911 (Metal)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can you recommend a 1911-style pistol for me?  (Read 2163 times)

Zero Signal

• Trigger Girl
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Can you recommend a 1911-style pistol for me?
« on: February 09, 2012, 06:27:35 PM »

O HAI THAR SPRING SECTION!

I'm having a tough time deciphering which 1911-style springers are worth checking out.  Usually I can dig up enough information and crappy reviews to make a semi-educated decision, but this one eludes me.  I'm finding so few reviews, and a lot of them are pretty mixed.  I'm leaning toward the TSD 1911, even though I don't like the fancy styling as much as the plain old 1911 of the UHC, which quite frankly, looks like a cheap piece... But a lot of people swear by it, and the open ejection port and takedown features are rather appealing.
I'd get a Marui, but I'm not willing to risk confiscation due to trades, and I will not accept marred trademarks.

I'm torn!  Anyone with a basis for compairson have any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!
'So what's this "Zero Signal" fan club and why in the hell is Kornkob so obsessed with you?'

Atilla: achievement unlocked just now btw, i ate a fruit roll-up without touching it with my hands to remove it from the cellophane

XavierMace

• I do like pie
  • Global Moderator
  • General
  • ASR Staff and ICS M4 Guru
    • View Profile
    • The homepage of XavierMace
Re: Can you recommend a 1911-style pistol for me?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 06:41:23 PM »

Holy crap....

Pics were before I did the front of the pants.  Info on the suit's design is in my previous post above.

3.5 years since your last post in the wild.  That might be a record.  I'll ask around and see if I can find anyone with one.

Zero Signal

• Trigger Girl
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 06:44:43 PM »

I hated those pics.  Not that I'm very photogenic anyway, but they just made me look like a huge green corn-fed wookiee.

lol, 15 views, no votes.  Those must be the ones who are having the same dilemma!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 07:10:49 PM by Zero Signal »
'So what's this "Zero Signal" fan club and why in the hell is Kornkob so obsessed with you?'

Atilla: achievement unlocked just now btw, i ate a fruit roll-up without touching it with my hands to remove it from the cellophane

Gunnman

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 09:36:48 PM »

Zero Signal

• Trigger Girl
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 09:51:17 PM »

I wasn't aware that 1911s were flintlock firearms.  :|

Gunnman

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 09:56:39 PM »

I wasn't aware that 1911s were flintlock firearms.  :|

Yeah... but it was used by George Washington, could that be any cooler?

I voted, by the way. KWC Delta Elite pretty much take the cake on reliability and function.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 10:20:55 PM by Gunnman »

Zero Signal

• Trigger Girl
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 10:16:25 PM »

Hmm.  I just realized the wrap-around grip.  I kind of wanted to put on a custom panel.  Have a second favorite?  lol

Gunnman

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 10:19:21 PM »

Hmm.  I just realized the wrap-around grip.  I kind of wanted to put on a custom panel.  Have a second favorite?  lol

Take the wrap-arounds off, lol..

Zero Signal

• Trigger Girl
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 10:24:21 PM »

Yeah.  But what is underneath it?  Some sort of sharp edge on the corners?  Is there any sort of texture?  If it isn't going to be comfortable to grip after I put on my own panels, I'd just as soon go with another pistol.

Zero Signal

• Trigger Girl
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 07:21:50 AM »

UTG just put out a metal 1911 that seems to be a direct copy of the UHC 1911.  Might have to give that one a whirl!

Gunnman

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 08:46:54 PM »

UTG just put out a metal 1911 that seems to be a direct copy of the UHC 1911.  Might have to give that one a whirl!

Hey! For about $38 USD, that ain't so bad for a full metal springer. UHC/UTG/Whoever is a Marui clone anyways, so with hop up, it's pretty decent.

I have a couple UHC guns around somewhere, mainly Ruger P85's...

Zero Signal

• Trigger Girl
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 04:21:04 PM »

I went ahead and got a UTG 1911, as well as the UHC 1911.  As near as I can tell, the UTG is exactly the same.  Open ejection port, field strippable.  Can use the same mags, although the UTG comes with two metal 13/90 reservoir mags as opposed to the 22 round or whatever plastic mags.  The range and accuracy of this thing is shocking, and while it's not an authentic steel 1911 finish, it is heavy and feels nice.  So far, I am extremely pleased.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.318 seconds with 29 queries.