just wanted to share my DBoys K98k Project:
It all started with this ugly thing:
The stock Dboys K98k with the ugly red coated real wooden stock. Before having gotten the package,
it was clear to me that this could not remain so!
As you can see you see nothing...and I wanted to reveal the grain beneath the thick layer of coat.
So I sanded it down:
Then i stained it:
...and oiled it:
Left the wood stain I used, on the right is the gun-stock-oil I got from a friend of mine...the stock smells nice now
Much better now! But I am still not totally happy, because of the ugly blots all over the stock...perhaps I will redo it, but will it really become better? Looks like the wood is simply uncapable of taking the grain evenly.
Thinking about giving it a more used look, too....
The steel parts got a little used look with steel wool =)
And today, I got on to the next target: Mount a scope without paying hundreds of bucks
At first I smacked the grub screws out with a hammer.
Then I filed the roundings to make the mounts fit the receiver. The front mount had to be 1,5mm shorter than the rear mount to compensate the different heights from the receiver.
Finally, I glued it on with Epoxy...seems to hold, if not I will bore holes to screw them on to the receiver...just wanted to try if I could make it without modifying the rifle itself.
I know it is not 100% like the real deal, but well, the DBoys K98 simply is not worth the huge amount of money
you have to pay for a good mount.
It looks not bad now, I am wondering if to make the scope look more like an old one
by sanding it and filing it more round, or if I will buy an old one.
Thanks for comments =)