it's been quite a while since my last post, basically because work, studying and a combination of the two kept me busy..until now! Summer time is coming and:
I decided to enter an airsoft long range target shooting competition, with some friends of mine.
I am opening this thread to gather as much suggestions and info from you guys who are MUCH more expert than me. The fun starts now in this preparation time: I am going to try to achieve my best consistency possible with the rifle I have and/or try to build a new one.The Rules:
- Airsoft guns only
- Target shooting only ("target" = inanimate objects, no shooting on human beings, animals or plants)
- No semi-auto guns, no AEGs
- No FPS limit
- Spring and gas allowed (Green Gas and similar, Propane, CO2, HPA allowed as well)
- Stock gun platform must be commercially available (no completely custom jobs)
- All upgrades allowed, either commercial or DIY
- All BBs allowed in terms of weight and materialThe Competition:
- Target shooting at 200ft (first rounds) 300ft (second rounds) and 400ft (finals)
- Every session is comprised of a test shooting of 6 rounds and a real score session of another 6 rounds
- Indoor and outdoor sessions
- Stationary targets only
- 200ft rounds shot in sitting firing position [EXAMPLE PICTURE]
- 300ft rounds shot in prone supported firing position [EXAMPLE PICTURE]My actual rifle:
- Tanaka M40A1 with PCS preban bolt [ACTUAL PICTURE]
- PSS10 Laylax 6.03mm inner barrel [ITEM PAGE]
- G&G Aluminum hop up set (part 91) [ITEM PICTURE]
- King Arms chamber conversion (VSR) [ITEM PICTURE]
- King Arms power nozzle [ITEM PICTURE]
- King Arms Red Hop Up Bucking [ITEM PICTURE]
- G&G rubber set [ITEM PICTURE]
- King Arms reinforced striker spring and steel impact plate [ITEM PICTURE]
- G&G reinforced magazine valve spring [ITEM PICTURE]
- G&G Steel cocking piece [ITEM PICTURE]
- Guarder Mil-Dot 3-9x40 Illuminated Scope [ITEM PICTURE]
- King Arms Spring Eject Bipod
- Guarder Cordura Cheek Pad/Pocket
- Miscellaneous DIY upgrades, like teflon taping and inner barrel spacersThe actual question of this thread:What kind of upgrades would you suggest me to perform on my actual rifle, to increase my chances of winning the competition?
No budget limit. Can change any piece I already have. I know I will need power and consistency..on an airsoft gun this is not going to be easy..If you really think the best path would be to buy a different rifle, please say so, however consider that this thread would be related to how to improve my actual rifle platform to the best of its possibilities.
Thanks for literally ANY kind of help you can provide me with.