Home Forums Reviews Classifieds Gallery Chat Calendar Store Map Player Map Links
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: AEG UTG MP5  (Read 14937 times)

Cheesehead

• Review Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Team GOPMAT, Wausau WI
AEG UTG MP5
« on: March 10, 2006, 08:09:27 PM »

Discussion for the review; UTG MP5
Whatever you are proposing... it's not happening.  Locked.    Atilla

Warrior

• Probation unti 07/06
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: AEG UTG MP5
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 11:43:29 PM »

I roll in my skirmishes with a UTG MP5. It seems i got a better deal than you though. I paid 99$ for mine at airsoftatlanta.com it is a version 1 and came with both stocks, both hi-caps, 3 point sling, cleaning rod, claw mount, battery, charger, etc. But mine came with a free 31 round low-cap and i paid 8 dollars shipping and got it in 2 days. 4 people in my playing group got one and between the 4 there were a handful of problems, although my gun is still problem free to this day (knock on wood). My best friends will fire full auto on semi-auto if you do not pull the trigger all the way back (which is not that bad of a problem since you can fire both ways without flipping the selector switch) another one in the group had its hop-up break after and few games and the fourth wouldnt feed bbs well or shoot them far (which is again hop-up) but he sent that one back got a new one which worked flawlessly like mine and he now has over 600$ in upgrades for it (dont ask me why he spent that much to upgrade a 100 dollar gun i dont know). But all in all i love my gun, now that i shoot with 6 low-caps because the utg hi-caps sucked. One broke and the other works ok but still skips shots badly, especially on full auto. Also i was able to sell the claw mount for 15 dollars and i got another 10$ for the sling which is 1/4th the price of the gun right there (im not sure how good the sling that came with mine is because i hate slings period and didnt even attempt to put it on). But the gun is great for the price if you get a good one and once you have good hi-caps or any low-caps the gun is exceptional.
Warriors come out to play!

Radninja

• Captain
  • Ring, that's your doorbell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 07:12:33 AM »

Warrior:

Did all your friends get the version one also?

Warrior

• Probation unti 07/06
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 12:13:43 PM »

Yes every one of us has a version 1 as far as I know. The only exception might be the one who sent his gun back and got a whole new one, the brand new one might have been a version 2.

Radninja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 02:22:34 PM »

Then what happend to the guy with the version two?

I ask this because supposedly UTG's MP5s changed after the versions.

Warrior

• Probation unti 07/06
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 02:34:51 PM »

The new gun worked flawlessly and he had no more trouble. He has put an outrageous amount of upgrades on it now and it is still working fine. There were some changes they made between the different versions but they were slight, i think the only difference is the battery and charger that come with it are different, to the best of my knowledge the insides are the same in both versions.

xevash

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • << norXcal >>
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 07:01:59 PM »

I bought one for my friend, and it worked great (just a little bet less then my CA M15A4). My other friend bought one, and it shoots horrible (I think the hop-up is screwed up).

But back on subject... I thought the review was great. The pictures don't work (in case you didn't notice  ;D) but besides that its fine. The only other thing I can think of is doing an accuracy test, then it would be great!

Warrior

• Probation unti 07/06
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 07:29:02 PM »

Yeah hop-up seemed to be the main re-occuring problem with those guns, ive seen two out of four that had bad hop-up units. I believe they fixed that for version 2 though.

DJ Mike

• Colonel
  • Автоматические пушки для автоматической
    • View Profile
    • Music from the Soundtrack
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 04:30:21 AM »

No, I had a hop problem with my V2. Replaced it and it now double feeds on semi because of the hi caps. I just need star mags and maybe a better battery.

Night Prowler

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006, 07:57:06 AM »

Hey I really want to get a good MP5 but don't know what to get. Is the Version 3 any good or should I go with ICS or Tokyo Mauri

Thanx
"The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday!"

Warrior

• Probation unti 07/06
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2006, 02:00:22 PM »

If you have the extra money to get the TM or ICS get one of those. I have seen a full metal ICS first hand and they a really nice guns. Im not sure how the UTG version 3 is, ask radninja he just got one yesterday I think.

Radninja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 02:35:55 PM »

Sure did. I can't compare it to Version two, but it is an amazing gun. The full stock's end slides off. I didn't know that, I was going to make some kind of way to slide it off, and ended up prying it off. Nothing else really. The mags can wiggle, but those are the hi caps they give you.

And the hi caps aren't a total loss, you can always sell them to other people who don't know.

Really, they aren't that bad. Oh, and how do you take off the orange thingy. I tryed twisting it, in both directions, then tryed pulling it off.

Oh, the groupings at a hundred feet with wind blowing is amazing. Almost as good as my M6. Seriously.

The hop up isn't so bad, just the fact that you don't have a lot of room to adjust gets me.

Warrior

• Probation unti 07/06
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006, 02:41:40 PM »

You have the same problem with the orange tip that I do. They made the orange tips threaded so you could take the orange tips off and put a mock silencer on. But guess what they started glueing the tips on for some reason. I spend all last night trying to get mine off. If I figure out how I will let you know.

Sergeant Bilko

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 07:57:25 PM »

Ah, good, I'm glad this discussion started.  I saw it a few days ago, coincidentally a few days after I got an urge to get an MP5. 
    I have a UTG M87 SOS and an LPEG made by Crosman (which I am fixing up, painting, modifying, and going to sell) and I will be getting a g spec early May, and I am looking to get an ICS M4.  I want to get an MP5, I'm not sure why.  I guess because I like the look, have heard good about the UTG MP5, and it is a SEAL weapon.  My team and I are going to form a milsim SEALs team, and where Penguin lives there is a lot of water around, so I intend to use the water to my advantage. 
   So, I wanted a gun around $100 that has  good ROF, FPS, and accuracy.  I also don't want to risk taking a $350 AEG underwater.  The MP5 looks small enough to put in a dry bag, which is what I intend to do with it.  Since the stocks are detachable, the gun should be able to fit in a smaller dry bag.  So, am I making a good choice in getting this gun?

Broken Forks [SAS]

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2006, 11:11:46 PM »

Has anyone seen on evike.com they supposedly now have the UTG MP5 Version 4?

Odd, it seems to me that I am the only person who has noticed this..

http://www.evike.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=W&Product_Code=AEG_UTG_MP5&Category_Code=AEG_UTG

Has anyone gotten the version 4 yet? If so I'd like to hear about it.

New name for this site = shownewrepliestoyourpostsdoesntworkretreat.com

Warrior

• Probation unti 07/06
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006, 11:13:02 PM »

Yes. I am very happy with my utg, and im sure you will be also. Although if you are serious enough to fight from the water you are problably ( i tell everyone this) going to want to buy better mags for the gun because the stock mags suck. I reccommend star low-caps because thats what I use, or some type of mid-cap which seems to be poplular for the other UTG users on this site.

xevash

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • << norXcal >>
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2006, 11:03:15 AM »

This thread is for discussion of the UTG MP5 review...not only was that off-topic, but a little searching couldn't help either.

Their have been many discussions of the Matrix MP5s in the past (http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php?topic=3762.0)

Night Prowler

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2006, 04:20:27 PM »

Is it the same gun though the Matrix and the UTG

xevash

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • << norXcal >>
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2006, 06:44:54 PM »

The Matrix gun he posted and the UTG MP5 are completely different guns.

Sergeant Bilko

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2006, 11:31:12 PM »

Has anyone seen on evike.com they supposedly now have the UTG MP5 Version 4?

Odd, it seems to me that I am the only person who has noticed this..

http://www.evike.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=W&Product_Code=AEG_UTG_MP5&Category_Code=AEG_UTG

Has anyone gotten the version 4 yet? If so I'd like to hear about it.

If you read down some, you will see it only has a version 2 gearbox.  All I see different is that stupid rail on top.

Night Prowler

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2006, 10:19:15 AM »

Version 4 of the MP5 is cool but no better FPS is about the same!!!

Vertigo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • Team Boom
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2006, 02:46:08 PM »

I actually purchased the linked item, its a V3.

jaws

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2006, 07:46:13 PM »

yea, mine has the whole selector switch problem too, and i dont mind it at all.  All of my friends i play with were forced to upgrade into aeg's when we started playing against them but we didnt want to spend a lot of money so we went with utg. Each of us have had problems, but most minor(like my selector switch).  My friend actually got one which instead of firing full auto when you only pull the trigger half while switched onto semi, his gave a consistent 3 round burst.  As for hop up, i have had no problems.  I would recomend replacing the stock o-ring.

Vertigo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • Team Boom
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2006, 02:42:45 PM »

Hey whoever cheesehead, or somebody, could you guys let me in so I can edit the MP5 and get the pictures up again? You guys can too, if you'd like, just replace the IP address with www.teamboompaintball.com
thanks

Sergeant Bilko

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2006, 08:00:40 PM »

Ok, so i have the gun now, I fired it for about an hour today,I really like it.  The plastic isn't cheap plastic like you find on the cheap $30 guns.  The hi cap mags suck, they would rarely feed more than five rounds consecutively, so I would have to stop and shake them some.  As far as the gun itself goes, I really like it, and would recommend it to anyone who as a budget, or doesn't want to spend $250 + for an MP5.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.388 seconds with 26 queries.