I noticed a killer deal on airsplat, Well R4 MP7 $60 w/ Coupon Code "WELLR4"
, so not only is it in stock, it is even cheaper than Pointact's $70 price
- I ordered it over a Co2 NBB pistol I was originally considering purchasing. I also grabbed 3 x 5k bags ICS .2's for $32
, pretty good deal. Order completed on 4/14, shipped on 4/17.
It arrives yesterday (on 4/22), battery & mag is missing from the MP7 and only 2 bags of the 5k .2's are in the box. I double-checked the item on the website, thinking it was OEM and not a full retail box item:
- MP7 Automatic Airsoft AEG (Airsoft Electric Gun) Rifle
- 260 fps (0.2 g BB) / 150 - 200 Feet
- Adjustable Hop Up
- Integrated RIS Foregrip
- Full Metal Gear Box
- Folding Foward Vertical Grip
- Top Rail Mount
- 50 Round Standard Capacity Magazine
- 7.2V 450 mAH Battery and Charger Included
Limited Time Special - ONLY $59.95 Coupon Code: WELLR4
- Made in China
Sounds like brand-new retail box item to me. I checked their policy:
Return Policy - You must fill out a RMA form before returning merchandise
* Returns can be made within 3 days of delivery. You must contact AirSplat.com via e-mail prior to returning products. NO EXCEPTIONS! Products must be in UNUSED, WORKING condition. All returns are subject to a 15% restocking charge. Shipping and handling to/from AirSplat.com cannot be refunded. A copy of your invoice or packaging slip must accompany all returns. All products come with a 30 day warranty which ONLY covers manufacturer defects.
Warranty Information -
* All items, unless specifically stated, are sold with a 30 day warranty covering manufacturer defects. Shipping will be the responsibility of the customer, we will provide the parts and labor. Further instructions regarding warranty work will be provided after the RMA form is completed and emailed to email@example.com.
Without the battery & mag, the return policy isn't a problem since I can't use it aside from holding & shaking it and making a rolling "r" sound with my tounge. The warranty coverage is a bit of concern, since it was sold on 4/14, the warranty ends in 21 days on 5/14. Chances are it will be at least 8 days until I recieve the missing items, on 5/1 - and I will have only a 13 day warranty if I'm lucky...
So I emailed firstname.lastname@example.org
with a request to send the missing 5k bag of .2g ammo, the mp7 battery, and a request for a mag upgrade from the standard 50 round mag ($10)
to the hi-cap 150 round mag ($15)
for my trouble - which I don't expect them to honor... However if they do, it's the difference from an average purchase to an excellent customer support resolution.
For example, I had similar issues with my purchase (about 6 months ago) from Depot53.com, they were missing an item and they sent the item to me along with bonus items that were not part of my original order. That is customer support excellence. On top of that, since I was having problems with one of my non-returnable closeout items and could not contact the manufacturer for a replacement, they gave me a full refund on the item and told me to keep it or dispose of it as I wished. That is not just excellent, it is phenomenal - I was in shock and speechless in reading that response.
I really wished I would be one of the airsplat customers that had no problems - however there is not much I can do at this point except wait for a response... let's see how things go.
thanks for reading.
edit - fix links