Home Forums Reviews Classifieds Gallery Chat Calendar Store Map Player Map Links
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

When I tried the Teflon mod on my air nozzle, it was pretty hard to pull out so I'm guessing I expanded it in a way, and made a leak. Can anyone give me possibilities to what might have happened, because I'm not exactly sure it was the nozzle yet.

Air nozzle?
- 1 (100%)
Piston head?
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M4 Air Nozzle Busted?  (Read 7623 times)

Trek1220

• Private
    • View Profile
M4 Air Nozzle Busted?
« on: January 21, 2010, 11:31:16 PM »

I'm going to an airsoft game in 2 days so I really need to figure this out and fix it because I'm only capable to penetrating one side of a can..I need about 330 fps, which is how I started out before messing with anything. Thanks!

And is the cylinder head supposed to be moderately easy to remove?

(compression originally sucked in the cylinder so it's not that..)

Trigger Tigger

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: M4 Air Nozzle Busted?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 12:43:54 AM »

I'm going to an airsoft game in 2 days so I really need to figure this out and fix it because I'm only capable to penetrating one side of a can..I need about 330 fps, which is how I started out before messing with anything. Thanks!

And is the cylinder head supposed to be moderately easy to remove?

(compression originally sucked in the cylinder so it's not that..)

Which M4 model are you using? TM? Is it stock? Upgraded spring?

How do you do your compression test?

"So much awesomeness coming out this year...

I need 3 more jobs i think" - MemorableC

Trek1220

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 01:55:20 AM »

Which M4 model are you using? TM? Is it stock? Upgraded spring?

How do you do your compression test?

I covered all the holes and my piston would fall straight down, no compression at all. It's a Combat Machine m4 series; non-blowback. I fixed the compression problem with a thicker o-ring but i believe the nozzle is broken..i'm not sure yet that's why i posted this

Trigger Tigger

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 02:17:43 AM »

Those are areas where air-leaks can occur. Since you said you have changed the O-ring on the piston head, so I am assuming that is sussed. Do this test: insert the piston into the cylinder WITOUT the air-seal nozzle, close up the nozzle on the cylinder head and push the piston in. If it is tight, then compression is good. Next, replace the air-seal nozzle back onto the cylinder head nozzle and repeat the compression test. If the push is easy, then you know the air-loss is from the cylinder nozzle to the air-seal nozzle, which is number 3 in the diagram.

This is called the process of elimination. It shouldn't take you long.

Keep me posted and good luck.

Trek1220

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 07:30:44 PM »

Those are areas where air-leaks can occur. Since you said you have changed the O-ring on the piston head, so I am assuming that is sussed. Do this test: insert the piston into the cylinder WITOUT the air-seal nozzle, close up the nozzle on the cylinder head and push the piston in. If it is tight, then compression is good. Next, replace the air-seal nozzle back onto the cylinder head nozzle and repeat the compression test. If the push is easy, then you know the air-loss is from the cylinder nozzle to the air-seal nozzle, which is number 3 in the diagram.

This is called the process of elimination. It shouldn't take you long.

Keep me posted and good luck.

I did the process of elimination but everything seemed fine..only thing concerning me is how the air nozzle goes on and off..it isn't a perfect, tight fit.

I know for sure it is not the spring because the fps dropped after I did my shooting tests.

Trigger Tigger

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 07:35:52 PM »

If your compression is good, then your cylinder head is fine. Once you reinstall it back to the mechbox it is not going anywhere anyway, courtesy of the two cylinder head tabs that lock it into place.

Ok, the next step is to make sure when you merge the mechbox to the hop-up chamber there is no gap between them.

Trek1220

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 08:40:19 PM »

If your compression is good, then your cylinder head is fine. Once you reinstall it back to the mechbox it is not going anywhere anyway, courtesy of the two cylinder head tabs that lock it into place.

Ok, the next step is to make sure when you merge the mechbox to the hop-up chamber there is no gap between them.

no space in between gearbox and hop up assembly. does the easy movability of the air nozzle affect anything?

Trigger Tigger

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 10:00:09 PM »

The ASN is suppose to move smoothly through the cylinder nozzle, but not loosely. Have you slightly lube the cylinder nozzle with silicone lube to promote better seal?

I think we might be looking at the wrong angle here.

Is your piston still have all the teeth intact (not stripped), especially the last tooth nearest to the piston head? Losing one tooth there is equivalent to losing around 30fps in my experience in short-stroking. I am having doubts as to whether this is the case due to your MS100-like spring, but any idea is better than none.

You should check your bucking too. There might be a slight tear where air can escape.

Is your inner barrel cleaned to a mirror finish? Dirty barrel can cause fps drop, as much as 30-40fps based on my experience.

Plus you can really help me by posting pictures of the air-seal nozzle and other parts of your AEG internals, to help you.

Trek1220

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 11:44:01 PM »

The ASN is suppose to move smoothly through the cylinder nozzle, but not loosely. Have you slightly lube the cylinder nozzle with silicone lube to promote better seal?

I think we might be looking at the wrong angle here.

Is your piston still have all the teeth intact (not stripped), especially the last tooth nearest to the piston head? Losing one tooth there is equivalent to losing around 30fps in my experience in short-stroking. I am having doubts as to whether this is the case due to your MS100-like spring, but any idea is better than none.

You should check your bucking too. There might be a slight tear where air can escape.

Is your inner barrel cleaned to a mirror finish? Dirty barrel can cause fps drop, as much as 30-40fps based on my experience.

Plus you can really help me by posting pictures of the air-seal nozzle and other parts of your AEG internals, to help you.

hm..well assuming the cylinder head nozzle is the same diameter throughout, then the air nozzle is a bit wobbly/loose. so would this be the reason for why my fps dropped like 40-50 fps in a matter of minutes?

Trigger Tigger

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2010, 12:58:41 AM »

Hhmmm... try this quick-fix mod.

Get a disposable lighter. All of them have a tiny o-ring inside, as in the picture below:

Remove the O-ring from the lighter. Careful not to be anywhere where naked flame is around. Slip it over the cylinder head nozzle. It should be slightly difficult at first to fit the tiny O-ring over, but it should work. Careful not to break the O-ring though. Once it is in, slide it down to the base of the cylinder head nozzle using your ASN. It helps if your cylinder head nozzle is already lube slightly with silicone lube. I'm not quite sure what kinda lighter O-ring size you guys have over there, but it is usually about 1mm thick. Too thick an O-ring will cause your nozzle to protrude out too much into the bb feeding chamber causing blank firing. But it should be ok using the lighter O-ring.

The O-ring will prevent any air leaking from the ASN.  ;)

« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 01:01:58 AM by Trigger Tigger »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 29 queries.