Home Forums Reviews Classifieds Gallery Chat Calendar Store Map Player Map Links
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mosin Nagant coming soon at airsoft panda.  (Read 15161 times)

mario1286

• Major
    • View Profile
    • Downpour Productions
Re: Mosin Nagant coming soon at airsoft panda.
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2010, 10:50:23 PM »

Your not destroying the gun by doing that. One just has to cut out a bit of the furnature and drill into the reciver. It sounds horrible I know but that what the soldiers did.

The soldiers built airsoft guns?

Or are you talking about how to tap the reciever for a scope?

Jäger

• Sergeant
  • DCLXVI
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2010, 02:30:52 PM »

Ahh as simple misunderstanding. Im talking about how to install the scope.  :D

MetallicaFatCat

• Major
  • It's Snickers the Fat Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2011, 04:35:42 PM »

Sorry for the Necro but Ehobby has some of the Zeta Lab M44 Mosin Nagants and 370 w/o shipping.
OMG I DIDNT BUY IT.

THIS MEAN IM COOL LIKE ATILLA?

aznriptide859

• Communist Mod
  • Ad Subscriber
  • General
  • *burp*
    • View Profile

$#@RP $#()()TR

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2011, 02:15:27 PM »

Mine should be here by next week, Ill compare its performance with my Bar-10 and create a thread about it then
Notable Straps: WE Caspian single stack,  G&G M4, CYMA CPW, KS P90, Zeta Labs Mosin Nagant M44, KTW Flintlock, BAR-10.

MMFN Adams,  USS. HARRY S. TRUMAN (CVN 75),  USN

Atilla

• DESTROY
  • Administrator
  • General
  • I AM A GUN MADE OF GUNS THAT RUNS ON BLOOD.
    • View Profile
    • Technocratic People's Republic of Vinnland

uzi does it...

Booligan

• Hardcore
  • Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2011, 10:34:33 AM »

It's there, you just need to sign in to Arnies before you can view it.

Atilla

• DESTROY
  • Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2011, 10:40:30 AM »

i have an account... i think. i just don't want to use it.

someone repost it here. rather, get the author's permission and do so.

for me.

uzi does it...

aznriptide859

• Communist Mod
  • Ad Subscriber
  • General
  • *burp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2011, 11:20:12 AM »

...lol.

*goes and PM's guy*

$#@RP $#()()TR

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2011, 09:13:29 PM »

Mine just arrived today! Its not that bad, Ill try to throw some Pics up tomorrow if i can and get a little review going. I can say for the $389 price tag its not as well made as id like, the safety mechanism is tightened all the way and it rattles around a lot, i havent found the hop up yet so the shots drop after 25ft, the bolt has a VERY heavy pull (I actually like this, if you are pampered by a VSR or clone, your in for a nasty surprise!), and one of the brass pieces came off the barrel, revealing they were glued on... Very unprofessional. But then again, was the Real mosin any better? I guess for the high price tag i expected a very pristine gun, but its quality kind of makes it more like the real thing, which is a plus...i guess.
Notable Straps: WE Caspian single stack,  G&G M4, CYMA CPW, KS P90, Zeta Labs Mosin Nagant M44, KTW Flintlock, BAR-10.

d4rthf4c3m4n

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2011, 09:27:19 PM »

Safety is a pain on the real mosin as well, so at least they got that down.
Quote from: XavierMace
This is caused by a phenomenon known as "King Arms can't measure things".

$#@RP $#()()TR

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2011, 09:30:07 PM »

Safety is a pain on the real mosin as well, so at least they got that down.

Kinda funny, when i took it out of the box, the bolt handle was up and the safety had jammed on the side of the receiver, making it impossible to cock it, took alot of tugging to get it to come off... -_-

aznriptide859

• Communist Mod
  • Ad Subscriber
  • General
  • *burp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2011, 09:31:48 PM »

Is trigger pull heavy? That was one of the key cons the reviewer on Arnie's mentioned.

$#@RP $#()()TR

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2011, 09:34:08 PM »

Is trigger pull heavy? That was one of the key cons the reviewer on Arnie's mentioned.

Yes, yes it is, you can put your finger on the trigger, and flex it back without the gun firing, Its probably like 4X the pressure of a BAR-10 Trigger.

aznriptide859

• Communist Mod
  • Ad Subscriber
  • General
  • *burp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2011, 10:00:21 PM »

That sucks.

Did you get a V1 or V2? If the latter did you find the rolling BB issue solved w/ the new hopup?

$#@RP $#()()TR

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Zeta Labs Mosin Nagant Version 2
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2011, 05:54:40 PM »

First Impressions: I received the gun from Airsoft panda (don't order from there) about two weeks after i ordered it. The gun came with the usual packing paper wrapped around the gun box and my KTW flintlock was bound to the Mosin box with bubble and cling wrap. When i got it opened i was dismayed to see no manual, and that the bolt was in the vertical position and the safety had jammed badly onto the receiver, took a lot of force to Get it unjammed. When i did, the rotating Safety's spring and ball bearing popped off (its a very similar mechanism to the back of the bolt on a BAR-10). The furniture is made from very dull wood, no glossy finish here folks. The barrel bands are made of brass and are glued on unfortunately, one of mine popped of during shipping. The free bayonet and leather/linen sling are nice freebies, however the sling is made for a 10 year old, you can only use it to carry it on your shoulder behind you.

Externals: Dull, plain, and unexciting, matches real steel perfectly. Detailed pictures to follow.

Performance: On a scale of 1-10, id give it about a 4 and that's being generous. The Gun is flawed with a screw that is not threaded enough and cannot securely tighten on the safety mechanism, so in as little as 5 shots, you have to re-tighten it again or risk the ball bearing and spring popping out. I haven't adjusted what i think is the hop up yet, so the shots are very inconsistent and drop even at the 25ft mark. Im sure this will improve when i dial in the hop up. The velocity does not seem to be the advertised 375 FPS, but who knows, next time i hit GF airsoft arena ill get it chrono'd and post the results. The bolt handle and everything forward of the safety is very solidly constructed, which makes cocking the gun an arduous task. After about 50 shots, my shoulder and where i gripped the bolt in my hand are killing me. The trigger pull is VERY heavy, heavy enough to throw off a snipers shot. The reloading mechanism is almost impossible to operate with gloves on and while in a skirmish, unless you are out of range of your enemy. Overall, i would say the rifle I received in its condition, without modification of the bolt assembly to make it more stable, is unskirmishable, and is mediocre as a target rifle.

Overall: I bought this gun because i wanted a mosin nagant that i could skirmish with on the weekends and occasionally plink in the backyard with. The gun is only 1/4 able to fulfill those goals, but its a very interesting gun to have, and i dont regret the purchase. Im sure with modification, the gun will do much better, and when such Improvements are made, i will edit this very biased review. For the 400+ price tag with HK shipping, i would try to make a custom one from a VSR clone, as you would have a much better performing, and more pristine model that you would be proud to call your own.

:'(

Edit: It shoots around 330-340 FPS with .25's
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 02:29:14 PM by $#@RP $#()()TR »

aznriptide859

• Communist Mod
  • Ad Subscriber
  • General
  • *burp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2011, 06:08:33 PM »

« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 06:12:45 PM by aznriptide859 »

Booligan

• Hardcore
  • Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2011, 06:16:24 PM »

Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better.

aznriptide859

• Communist Mod
  • Ad Subscriber
  • General
  • *burp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2011, 06:20:38 PM »

Yea this just went on the "want" list to the "must buy" list XD.

Also, as reference, here's a vid link showing the internals/disassembly/reassembly VERY well. Thanks to beretta on Arnie's for this.

$#@RP $#()()TR

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2011, 07:49:07 PM »

Damn, I should have waited I love the full size nagants :(

Atilla

• DESTROY
  • Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: Zeta Labs Mosin Nagant Version 2
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2011, 09:52:56 AM »

thanks for the info. sorry to hear it's kind of a turd. :(

uzi does it...

$#@RP $#()()TR

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Zeta Labs Mosin Nagant Version 2
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2011, 04:19:10 PM »

No problem, when i get back from the dairy state ill try to adjust the hop up and fix the bolt and let you all know how it does.

EDIT 2: Used it in CQB yesterday (it was interesting!) and it didn't do to badly at first. It chrono'd at around 330-340 fps with .25's and I ended up getting two kills with it but then it stopped feeding correctly. Its not jammed as it still fires rounds at full power if i muzzle loaded it. After watching the video it looks as if the air nozzle on my cylinder head has snapped off (although its not rattling around inside the gun and its nowhere to be found) as it is not visible when the bolt is pulled back. Iv come to the conclusion that this gun is NOT skirmishable and it is only for the wall. It is not made to be roughly cocked back and this is needed because it has such a heavy bolt pull. Unless your VERY skilled with tinkering with bolt actions id recommend steering clear of this gun, if you want a wall hanger buy the real gun.

UPDATE!: Finally took the gun apart, the air nozzle broke off the cylinder head inside the gun. Unfortunately it is not compatible with VSR-10 parts (not sure about L96 parts, the cylinder head was a good amount smaller than the VSR-10 version). Fortunately for me however, my girlfriends father is an engineer, and machined me a brand new one from scratch. I will be testing it out tomorrow. I believe this part broke due to my rough use of the bolt during CQB.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 07:52:26 PM by $#@RP $#()()TR »

aznriptide859

• Communist Mod
  • Ad Subscriber
  • General
  • *burp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2011, 02:58:30 PM »

$#@RP $#()()TR

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2011, 12:28:42 PM »

Little bit of a necro here but i wanted to update My experiences with the nagant, Like i said early the air nozzle on my piston head (which is solid brass) broke during use, i had a machinist replicate the part and it fit perfectly in my gun, i also solved the issue of the safety coming loose using locktite on the screw and dialed in the hop-up finally. Another cause for concern still is the loading system which uses a spring pulled by a piece of "rope" The rope is starting to fray and if it breaks the gun will once again be unusable. The gun is now VERY skirmish worthy (As effective as my stock Bar-10 at 100 feet, haven't tested further than that yet) and i cant wait to take it to a big op this Sunday and see how it does, ill post results then.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 27 queries.