This has been a fun project to develop,
There are some decent advantages to this system. Some as Chaos has already mentioned:
- No batteries!
- Reticule automatically adjusts brightness with ambient light. You don't blind yourself at night, but the dot is clearly visible in the day.
- If the red dot sight can flip between red and green, any color fiber optic can be used instead. For example, a fiber optic reticule could be red, green, yellow, blue, purple, orange, or white.
- Still have full range of windage and elevation adjustments.
- Potentially customizable reticule design.
- Installation difficulty could vary with each type of sight (ACOG, Aimpoint, Eotech, etc). It depends upon the sight's construction.
Right now we are playing with ACOGs for further R&D. I'm looking forward to working on Chaos's future ACOG replica.