Home Forums Reviews Classifieds Gallery Chat Calendar Store Map Player Map Links
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The Definitive Guide to KWA/KSC Glock Pistols *WIP*  (Read 65910 times)

aznriptide859

• Communist Mod
  • Ad Subscriber
  • General
  • *burp*
    • View Profile
The Definitive Guide to KWA/KSC Glock Pistols *WIP*
« on: March 02, 2011, 08:09:26 PM »

The Definitive Guide to the KSC/KWA Glock Platform
by aznriptide859

(Glock's website banner; courtesy Glock.com)

Glocks are some of the most well known pistols in the world, both in the real steel community as well as the airsoft world. Aside from the very popular 1911 series, Glock pistols are probably the most common (and most sought for) pistol platform in the airsoft community. There are two major competitors that offer Glock pistols - the KWA/KSC platform, and the Tokyo Marui platform. My personal history with KWA and KSC's Glocks have been extremely extensive, and with my recent resurgence into the foray of Glock pistols, I figure with all the knowledge I'm familiar with now should be shared with the community.

This guide will only cover the KWA and KSC platform of Glock pistols, not the Tokyo Marui platform. I have never used a TM Glock before, so whatever statements I make here may not apply towards Glocks of other platforms.

DISCLAIMER: The following guide represents countless hours of personal experience and thorough research - although I believe it's very thorough, it is probably and most likely not 100% complete or 100% factually true. This guide's purpose is to give my personal account of the world of the KSC/KWA Glock - you may take this information with a grain of salt depending on your own personal experience.

Included in the guide is also my personal opinion about certain items - these do not reflect the opinions of official airsoft companies or entities, especially those of KSC or KWA. Read the info and take in what you need, but I am not here to make you think a specific way about these guns.

Also, MOST IMPORTANTLY, I am not responsible for personal damages to your own weapons due to the info posted in these guides. The information is what I use and I do for my personal work/maintenance, and it may not work for you. Do not complain to me if your Glock is broken as as a result of following my guides/opinions - that is not my business to deal with.

Table of Contents

I. Introduction
II. Models
III. Versions
--A. Internal Types
--B. Market Notations
--C. Old vs. New
--D. Legal Info
--E. Other

IV. Internal Upgrades
--A. Inner Barrel
--B. Reinforced Internals
--C. Springs
--D. Valves
--E. Miscellaneous/Real Steel

V. External Upgrades
--A. Slide/Outer Barrel Kits
--B. Sights
--C. Frames
--D. Magazines
--E. Miscellaneous
--F. Real Steel Compatibility

VI. Disassembly
--A. Semi-automatic only
--B. Select Fire

VII. Reassembly
--A. Semi-automatic only
--B. Select Fire

VIII. Malfunction Diagnosis
--A. Common Problems
--B. Miscellaneous/Notes
IX. Miscellaneous
--A. Carbine Kits/Accessories
--B. Personal Armory

X. Further Reading
XI. Credits/Thanks

I. Introduction

(Glock 22 with Surefire X300, Hogue Handall grip, and LaserMax Spring Guide Rod Laser; courtesy wikimedia.com)

"The Glock family of pistols, once started by famous Glock 17 pistol, was developed by Austrian company Glock Gmbh., previously known for quality knives and entrenching tools. The Glock 17 pistol first appeared at the Austrian Army trials, won it and was adopted by Austrai Army and Police in the early 1980s under the designation of P-80. Since then, the Glock 17 and its descentants become very popular military and law enforcement firearms, being exported in more than 50 countries. Currently, Glocks are chambered in all major pistol calibers, namely 9x17mm Short (.380ACP), 9x19mm Luger, .357SIG, .40SW, 10mm auto and .45ACP. Also, Glocks available in full-size service models, semi-compact models, compact models for concealed/backup carry, and in longslide competition models. Training versions, firing non-lethal practice ammo, also available. Training versions are distinguished from "live" ones by frame colour - blue frame for guns that fire non-lethal ammunition and red frame - for non-firing guns.

All Glocks (except for ones chambered in 9x17 - .380ACP) are recoil operated, locked breech pistols. Glocks feature Browning-type linkless locking system with barrel interlocking with slide via ejection port. All Glocks feature patented "Safe action" striker-fired trigger mechanism. After the each cycle of the slide the striker is set to half-cock position and is safely blocked by internal safety. When shooter pulls the trigger, he disengades the trigger safety first, then cocks the striker to the full-cock and then fires the gun. This results in constant trigger pull (ajustable from 2 to 5.5 kg) and, unlike the traditional DA or DAO pistols, unavailability of the "second strike" option in case of the misfire. All Glocks has no external controls except the trigger and the slide stop (the only different is Glock 18, which has slide mounted fire mode selector)."
(info courtesy of world.guns.ru)

With something as popular as a world wide known pistol, such a pistol has to be introduced into the airsoft world. KWA and KSC have offered the Glock series for a very long time - KSC markets mainly to Asia/Japan, while KWA markets to North America.

II. Models

Currently KSC marks their pistols with the correct Glock naming scheme (G-(model number)-(modification)), while KWA uses the same system, but with an (M) marking, to my knowledge for copyright issues in the US. So, the common Glock 17 would be either a KSC G17, or a KWA M17.

Glock Inc. separates their Glock line into three different categories - Standard, Compact, and Subcompact. These notations indicate the size of the overall pistol, from largest to smallest respectively. Each category contains different model numbers for different caliber bullets, thus model numbering instantly tells a user what caliber the pistol uses. However, such an ID method is useless for airsoft, so for the most part, KWA/KSC has build the most common Glocks chambered in 9x19mm Parabellum (with the Glock 23 being the exception).

KWA/KSC has also given a few of their Glock pistols unrealistic characteristics. In the real steel world, the Glock 18 is the ONLY pistol that has a select fire capability, being able to switch between semi automatic and fully automatic. The Glock 18 is represented by KWA/KSC, however they have moved their select-fire capabilities to both the Glock 23 and the Glock 26 (though there is a semi-auto Glock 26 as well made by KSC). Both of these models are select-fire, indicated by their "F" or "C" suffix (therefore, they are named G23F and G26C).

Here listed are pictures and descriptions of all Glock models offered by KWA and KSC. All pictures courtesy of UNCompany.

Glock 17 (G17/M17)
-the "standard"
-RS chambered in 9x19mm Parabellum
-standard full frame
-semi automatic only

Glock 18 Compensated (G18C/M18C)
-select fire version of the G17
-standard full frame
-select fire switch on slide, for both semi automatic and fully automatic fire

Glock 19 (G19/M19)
-compact version of G17
-compact frame
-semi automatic only

Glock 23 "Full-auto" (G23F/M23F)
-select fire version of G19
-RS chambered in .40 S&W (the ONLY KWA/KSC replica Glock that isn't RS chambered in 9x19mm)
-compact frame
-one of two pistols that doesn't exist in the real steel world

Glock 26 (G26/M26)
-subcompact version of G17
-subcompact frame
-semi automatic only

Glock 26 "Full-auto" (G26C/M26C)
-select fire version of G26
-subcompact frame
-2nd of two pistols that doesn't exist in the real steel world

Glock 34 (G34/M34)
-"race gun" version of G17, with elongated slide and barrel
-standard full frame
-semi automatic only

III. Versions

First of all, there are a few misconceptions that need to be cleared up.

In general, KSC and KWA Glocks share the same parts. You are able to fix KWA guns with KSC parts, and vice versa.

For the most part this applies to KSC/KWA Glocks (which is why this guide covers both, because both are almost entirely similar). You are able to fix KWA Glocks with parts labeled as KSC (such as those found on WGCShop), and you are able to fix KSC Glocks with parts labeled as KWA (such as those found in the KWA Pro Shop).

There is NO such thing as "System 7" Glock - the Glock is a precursor to the development of System 7, so all other guns that are labeled "System 7" are basically the Glock's original blowback design transplanted to other handgun models.

I'm personally tired of hearing the above statement - System 7 does not exist for Glock handguns. KWA/KSC developed the System 7 revision for all their other GBB's in lieu of reviewing the success and efficiency of the Glock blowback system. Therefore, the Glock is the "grandfather" of the System 7 versions of other GBB's.

A. Internal Types

Now, regarding internals: there is generally two types of Glock internals - ones that are semi-automatic only, and ones that are select fire. The internals for both, while similar, have KEY differences that will prevent the usage of a semi auto upper slide to fit on a select-fire lower (i.e., you cannot fit a Glock 17 slide to a Glock 18 Lower). The guns that have these differences should be obvious:

Semi-automatic internals: G17, G19, G26, G34
Select Fire internals: G18C, G23F, G26C

For the most part both types of internals are similar enough to where you can replace most parts, however certain parts are found in only the semi-auto guns and not the select fire guns, and vice versa. So, when purchasing replacement parts, please consult the CORRECT manual to find proper part numbers.

Here are some comparison pictures showing the differences.

(Blowback unit differences. Select-fire KSC G18 on left, semi-automatic KSC G34 on right.)

(Hammer assembly differences. Select-fire KSC G18 on left, semi-automatic KSC G34 on right.)

B. Market Notations

As one may have noticed, when looking at overseas shops, some retailers may offer multiple versions of Glocks, all made from KSC. Below are the different incantations and their (supposed) differences.

Note: the details for each are that of general knowledge and those I deduced from the revisions applying to the MP7A1 GBB. If anyone knows more about the notations applying to Glocks, that'd be very helpful.

KSC/KSC Japan
-stock gun out of KSC's original equipment manufacturer (OEM)
-tailored for Japan's 1-Joule limit law, for duster gas use only
-contains Glock's "safe action" trigger
-fully trademarked slides and frames
-mostly with ABS plastic slides
-SOME may sell with metal slides (case by case basis)

KSC Taiwan
-KSC OEM, however internals have been beefed up for use with green gas
-tailored for Taiwan, where FPS is not an issue
-contain Glock's "safe action" trigger
-fully trademarked slides and frames
-mostly with ABS plastic slides
-SOME may sell with metal slides (case by case basis)

KWA
-KWA OEM, meant for the US/NA market
-gun is made according to copyright law/legal agreement with Glock
-does NOT contain Glock's "safe action" trigger
-NO trademarks on slides or frames
-ALL sold with metal slides

C. Old vs. New

For those who don't know, Glock internals have gone through a revision when they were made by KSC. Most do not know this, because when KWA began Glock production, their new internal revisions were soon taken in by KSC as well, therefore all subsequently produced KSC Glocks had the same internals as KWA. The "old style" internals for KSC Glocks are rare (some have been out of production from 5-10 years), but if you happen to find a Glock that has such internals, there are several differences.

I have been told there are have been three versions, quoted here by WhatTheWho of ASR.

"There have been at least 3 versions of frames that KSC has produced. Versions 1 and 2 consisted of the same detailed trademarking; however, Version 1's finish was very shiny in comparison to Version 2, which was a more matte finish. The change in frames coincided with the change in internal parts of the semi-auto Glocks, namely the hammer, hammer housing, and trigger bar. This change occurred sometime around 2001/02 or earlier IIRC.

I've owned both V1 and V2, and the shine on V1's were pretty ugly. And also to note, you can easily tell if you have a V1 if the trigger does not lock back when you release the hammer with no magazine in.

I've found V2's to have the most exacting look in terms of trademarks to the RS. You'd be hard pressed to find them now. I've snatched up as many as I could once the V3's began being produced."

To find the differences, please visit my other thread here - the most obvious differences are discussed/compared.

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php?topic=98104.0

D. Legal Info

Note: All further statements in this subsection are from my personal understanding.

The most pressing issue regarding Glocks (especially KWA) is that they are no longer made. Glock has informed KWA that they no longer wish replicas of their handguns be made, so since 2009 KWA has ceased all production of their Glock models. However Glocks are still made by KSC - they are still found plentiful overseas in Hong Kong - which has made the issue all the more confusing.

The proposed "rarity" of KWA Glocks have made their prices skyrocket - the average Glock can be seen selling for $150+.

(KWA's Adaptive Training Pistol shown during SHOTShow 2011; video courtesy of AirsoftOutletNW)

KWA's more recent foray into the Glock series again is the KWA ATP, or Adaptive Training Pistol (or, as I see it, Adenosine Triphosphate, whichever floats your boat). The system uses Glock-style lower frames, while the overall image of the pistol is fused with H&K's HK45 handgun. You can see more info on KWA's website, the above-provided video, or their SHOTShow 2011 news release.

E. Other

One fact that most may not know, but all current Glocks made by KWA and KSC are replicas of Generation 3 Glocks.

The generation of the Glock is mostly applicant to real steel versions, but almost all KWA/KSC Glocks found on the market now are Gen3 versions.

Just for some fun facts, here are the key characteristics for each generation (each subsequent generation simply notes the revisions/changes from the earlier generation) - they can be found at BuyAHandgun.net's Glock Generation Guide, found below.

http://www.buyahandgun.net/handgun/a-generational-guide-to-glocks

IV. Internal Upgrades

Because the KSC/KWA Glock platform has been in production for so long, it's support has been pretty well supported. However, since some manufacturers tend to support platforms that are more produced (in lieu of KWA's cease of Glock production), the TM Glock is a bit more aftermarket supported than the KWA/KSC System. Each section will cover the different upgrades available for each part, and what I personally suggest as the best.

A. Inner Barrel

(From left to right: PDI G34 TBB, KM G17 TBB, stock KWA barrel)

The inner barrel is one of the first upgrades anyone puts in a GBB pistol; considerably less expensive than their AEG counterparts, a pistol TBB can give significant accuracy improvements in a very cheap $20-40 package. Since all KWA/KSC Glocks use the same hopup system, all barrels can be interchanged depending on the build. Listed below are the barrel lengths for the appropriate models:

73mm: G26, G26C
84mm: G19, G23F
92mm: G17, G18C
115mm: G34

There are TONS of manufacturers that make tightbore barrels - PDI, Madbull, Firefly, KM 1950 Head, Pro-Arms, Shooters Design, Falcon (a relatively new manufacturer from Taiwan) - the list goes on. Personally I suggest PDI - there is no way you can say no to a $30-40 6.01mm tightbore barrel for a GBB. However, with PDI's problems may arise. I recall when installing a PDI barrel into my old G23F metal slide kit, I had to sand the outer diameter of the barrel in order for it to fit. So, even though PDI barrels are the best choice, they may require modding to fit on a case by case basis. My second choice would be KM 1950 Head - Japanese quality engineering shows off in their products, and I have never been disappointed by their tightbores.

B. Reinforced Internals

One of the most common issues with Glocks is internal wear; although rare, improper care of internals can lead to premature wear and eventual failure of the pistol. There are several parts that either are replaced immediately by diehard pistol enthusiasts, or are available for purchase if such a part were to be damaged. Note that most OEM KSC/KWA parts can just directly be purchased from Hong Kong shops (WGCShop, UNCompany, or DenTrinity to name a few) or from KWA's Pro Shop.

Note: all parts are common to ALL Glock platforms, and part numbers will be based off KWA's G17 part diagram (can be found in the "Further Reading" section at the bottom).

Hammer (Part #94)

(Hidakaya/BeMax Reinorced Steel Hammer for Old-Gen G17; courtesy DenTrinity)

The hammer is usually one of the parts that is observed to wear out the fastest; unfortunately, reinforced steel hammers are no longer made. Hidakaya and BeMax used to make reinforced steel hammers, however both products have been discontinued for some time. Even so, both manufacturers made hammers for the Old Glock internal versions, so they wouldn't work even with the more current version of internals. To my knowledge there have never been reinforced hammers made for the select-fire series of Glocks.

Loading Ramp (Part #10)

(Stock KSC loading ramp on left, Shooters Design Reinforced loading ramp on right)

This part is made of stock plastic, but when bad BB's are fed through or jams occur, the feeding ramp can either chip or crack (I've seen this happen to more than one Glock). Fortunately, Shooters Design offers a reinforced model made from their white POM material, which is stronger than the stock plastic - Creation also makes one, however they are a bit harder to find than the SD ones. This is a great replacement part to get (only $6-8 at most stores), so if it's either for replacing a broken feed ramp or simply increasing the longevity of your favorite Glock, this part is a heavily suggested buy.

Piston Head/Lid (Part #27)

(FALCON Enhanced Piston Lid; courtesy eHobbyAsia.com)

Most of the time the stock piston head creates a very good seal with the loading nozzle, but for some more is wanted. PDI is the only manufacturer I know that has made one, as part of their "Winter" series of upgrades (allows for the gun to be better used in colder weathers...how that works I have no idea). Unfortunately I've never used one, and I probably never will - PDI has discontinued them.

A new Taiwanese company called Falcon has released enhanced piston cups for the KSC Glock series. At only $7, they claim to increase air seal and gas efficiency. Pro-Arms also makes an enhanced piston cup as well. I personally do not see this as a necessary upgrade, but for a measly $5-10, you could probably increase the air seal for the piston/nozzle assembly by a decent amount.

Blowback Unit Breach Sear (Part #19)

(Firefly Reinforced Breach Sear; courtesy of DenTrinity.com)

Again, this is not a part most people should worry, but back in the day BeMax made a reinforced sear for the G18 select fire series. Firefly also made a reinforced Part #19 for the semi-automatic series of Glocks. Unfortunately both are no longer produced, so such an upgrade is usually not considered by Glock enthusiasts - being able to get one is definitely a rare feat.

Valve Striker (Part #78)

(Shooters Design Steel valve striker on left, stock KSC valve striker on right)

This is an overlooked part, because it engages so many different parts it can be a cause for failure (though not as common as other issues). Fortunately, Shooters Design offers a reinforced steel valve striker that can be had for about $15-20. This is not a necessity upgrade part, so replace if only deemed necessary/if stock part breaks.

Spring Guide (Part #30-33)

(Guarder Metal Spring Guide with short stroke on left, stock KSC Spring Guide on right.)

(Custom short stroked KSC spring guides. The "buffers" are made with nothing but Post-Its and electrical tape.)

Also one of the most common upgrades, along with the recoil spring (discussed later). The stock spring guide is usually plastic, so a $8-10 metal spring guide should be a no brainer. Most of the time metal spring guides are installed with upgraded recoil springs, so this purchase is usually one of the first upgrades bought.

Some manufacturers (such as Firefly and First) have short-stroked spring guides, which results in a much quicker slide response, but also leads to a loss of the slide lock function - such a mod can be homemade as well if desired with just a few metal or rubber washers, or even just correctly used tae and paper (as I have done above). Do note that there are three lengths of spring guides:

Long: G17, G18C, G34
Medium: G19, G23F
Short: G26, G26C

A LOT of manufacturers make spring guides - G&P, King Arms, Guarder, HurricanE, Pro-Arms, the list goes on - but I would have to personally suggest Guarder, King Arms, and HurricanE. The former two have the best quality-for-price values, while the HurricanE tops in quality as well. I would very much suggest AGAINST G&P, after hearing reports that some have purchased G&P guides that came with rust and paint inadequacies.

Besides these mentioned parts, there are no other internals that have "reinforced" versions.

C. Springs

There are several springs that can be upgraded in the Glock.

Recoil Spring (Part #29)

(Guarder 150% recoil spring on left, stock KSC recoil spring on right)

This upgrade is done in conjunction with almost any metal slide upgrade - the beefier the recoil spring, the quicker and snappier it can return to battery. In most cases the spring is sold with a metal spring guide (discussed previously), and are very cheap; on average upgraded recoil springs are either 150% or 170% the strength of the original spring. Again, many manufacturers make them, but I still suggest Guarder, King Arms, and HurricanE over all others.

Rocket/Floating Valve Spring (Part #25)
Most rocket valve springs come with the actual rocket valve, so it's not something you can find separately. Look at the Rocket Valve discussion to see my recommended picks.

Loading Nozzle Return Springs (#Part 23 x 2)

(A Glock tech can never have enough return springs. As you can tell, some are already deformed from improper reinstallation of the BBU.)

These are simply the springs that return the nozzle to its relieved position after the slide racks back. However these nozzles can easily be damaged during blowback unit reinstallation, so when putting the BBU back into the slide, be careful and watch where the spring goes/catches into. Firefly actually offers a "High Speed" recoil nozzle springs, which in theory would return the nozzle much faster than normal (they're longer than stock ones); they can currently be found on DenTrinity. Replacements can be bought via KWA's Pro Shop or via MAG's spring replacement kit (explained later).

Hammer Spring (Part #75)

(Stock KWA G18C hammer spring on left, Guarder 150% G17 hammer spring on right. Notice the different spring angles and lengths.)

Now we come to the most crucial spring - the hammer spring. An upgraded hammer spring increases the speed at which the hammer allows the valve striker to hit the magazine valve, thus increasing output FPS. Do note that the semi-auto series and the select-fire series of Glocks use different springs (the end rods are bent at different angles and lengths) so please note the hammer spring model before buying.

Again, a lot of manufacturers, but I suggest HurricanE and Guarder as the best. Hidakaya should also be up there, but their springs are no longer made.

Other

(FALCON Enhanced Hopup Rubber; courtesy eHobbyAsia.com)

Hop-Up: KWA/KSC stock ones are the most common, and up until recently there have been no aftermarket hop up rubbers. However newly released on eHobby are Falcon Enhanced hopup buckings, acting on a similar principle as VSR hopup buckings that use dual nubs to provide the BB hopup. I am personally very interested in using these, however have not been able to do so at time of writing.

The only other worth mentioning parts are the MAG Spring Replacement Kits, which basically provides all spare springs inside the GBB. For just $7-10 a pack, these are definitely worth it if you have a tendency to lose parts while working on a gun.

D. Valve

There are two main valves I will be covering - the magazine release valve (found on the magazine), and the rocket/floating valve found in the loading nozzle.

Rocket/Floating Valve (Part #24)

(Stock KWA valve on left, modified Airsoft Surgeon valve in middle, stock Firefly valve on right)

This is one of the most common fault with Glocks - prolonged usage under the increased pressure of green gas can snap the stock plastic valve very easily; however, my observations with part breakage is case by case, as I have seen both guns that have it break in under 100 rounds, to ones that have never needed a replacement.

Good news is, multiple manufacturers offer metal replacements. Shooters Design, Firefly, and Airsoft Surgeon all offer them, however based on experience, Firefly would be the best one, followed by Shooters Design. I've used Firefly ones in almost half of all Glocks I've owned, while I'd have less than good luck with the Airsoft Surgeon one (though reports differ among other Glock users). KWA actually sells them too, under "Aluminum NS2 Valve" by searching in the KWA ProShop - only $3.75 per valve, best bang for the buck.

Magazine Release Valve (Sorry, no part number)

(Stock KWA on left, modified KWA "high flow" in middle, Firefly on right)

This is the valve you see on the back of all your magazines - it is responsible for releasing the gas per shot that powers your GBB. Stock valves are very efficient and only have 4 holes through the valve - decreasing the number of holes/increasing the surface area of the valve increases gas flow, thus increasing output FPS. Such upgrades are colloquially known as "high-flow valves".

Valve manufacturers have to be the most numerous, because from what I understand, most KSC pistols use the same release valves. I personally do not use rocket valves, since it decreases overall gas efficiency; however, if I were to recommend any, I would say either Firefly, HurricanE, or 9Ball - all are reputable companies and make great overall products.

There is also a method for making your own high flow valves - a link will be provided in "Further Reading".

E. Miscellaneous/Real Steel

Unfortunately, besides the mentioned upgrades, no other upgrades exist internally - all others exist as replacement parts from KSC/KWA themselves.

One interesting feature is that the KSC/KWA platform can take a LOT more real steel parts than the TM platform can; internally however there is not much you can replace. Through searching the only similar parts I could find was the trigger housing (Part #65), but there is no real need to replace that part anyways. Most compatible parts are external, which will be discussed below.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 08:17:16 PM by aznriptide859 »

aznriptide859

• Communist Mod
  • Ad Subscriber
  • General
  • *burp*
    • View Profile
Re: The Definitive Guide to KWA/KSC Glock Pistols *WIP*
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 04:39:59 AM »

V. External Upgrades

Internals run the gun, but externals make the gun's apperance - I mean, showing off is what airsoft is all about isn't it? The Glock platform is probably one of the most customizable platforms, second to the 1911/2011 platform. Shown below are possible upgrades and my personal preferences (if applicable).

A. Slide/Outer Barrel Kits

The metal slide is almost a must upgrade for the average GBB user, and the Glock is no exception. All KWA Glocks include metal slides stock, but are not trademarked, which irks a lot of "realism" users, including myself. KSC Glocks have trademarked frames but are plastic, which can bother some people (although the decreased slide weight and increased recoil speed pleases some users).

All models of Glocks have their own respective metal slides, so you can get them in both stock plastic and metal trademarked versions. However there are more options out there - the following possibilities are listed by manufacturer.

Note: All following slide pictures courtesy of UNCompany.

KSC

(KSC G19 metal slide. Notice the deformed trademarks.)

(KSC G34 metal slide. In comparison to the previous picture, the trademarks on this slide are correctly done.)

KSC does make (and sell separately) trademarked metal slides - these are usually the same ones found in the metal slide versions of the full Glock pistols. The quality on these are pretty good (finish is a bit shiny), but the trademarks are a bit deformed. Some will mention "Milspec" on the slide (which isn't found on RS Glocks), and the actual "G" in the Glock logo is deformed a bit as well as the text font for the rest of the trademarks. Note that there are technically two versions of these slide sets:

Old: fully engraved trademarks on slide and outer barrel (as in the G34 slide seen above, also on older G18C slides)
New: laser etched trademarks on slide and outer barrel (as see on G19 slide above, very widespread nowadays)

The change in trademarks are definitely with consideration for Glock Inc's requests, so the deep engraved trade slides are very hard to find. The slides are a drop-in fit, so installation is a breeze. The average kit costs $40-70, so these are among the cheapest options - however nowadays they are a bit harder to find separate from the actual pistol.

Shooters Design

(Shooters Design G17 Compensated metal slide)

From one of the bigger GBB aftermarket part companies comes a lot of different slides. Many of their slides are for stock models, however they do offer some custom options - the Glock 17 Compensated for one (G17C, where the upper slide has two cut ports, shown above), a G19C, as well as Caspian-trademarked slides, replicating the custom made parts from the real steel company Caspian Arms Ltd.

SD makes some VERY good quality parts, and their slides/outer barrel sets are no exception. Unfortunately I have never owned one, so I do not the their installation difficulty, however their slides are HIGHLY recommended. The price range is a bit higher than KSC - anywhere from $80-150.

ProG4 (Custom Work Shop)

(ProG4 G17 metal slide set; courtesy ProG4.com)

Known amongst GBB enthusiasts as THE place for custom GBB work, Captain KK of ProG4 (a custom machine shop located in HK) has done some very custom work for many people. He is very well respected for working with the customer for very custom works, however recently he isn't taking any custom orders. However, because of his nature, you can basically ask for ANY custom slide for the Glock series - simply tell him how you want your slide done, and he'll do it. That means you can technically get custom slides from the .357 G31 to the 10mm AUTO G29.

He offers standard G17 and G19 slides as well (seen above), and at a very attractive $80 - all slides are made of machined 6061 aluminum. Custom slides will run you a bit more depending on the type - I want to estimate around $120-150. I would definitely recommend ProG4 slides.

PGC (Perversity Gun Corporation)

(PGC G17 metal slide)

(PGC G18 metal slide)

PGC, or also known as Prowin for their AEG offerings, also makes high quality slides. The finish is very acceptable over KSC offerings - I own a slide for my G18 and I love it to death. However the color is a bit off (a bit green from the normal black), and to install requires HEAVY modification to both the slide and BBU parts (EDIT: I have been informed by several users that their PGC slide installations were almost drop-in, no mods required; it seems modifications will be on a case-by-case basis). However if you know what you're doing, it is very much worth it in the end.

PGC has released multiple versions of their slides, most commonly for the G18C and the G17 - one of their more unique offerings is for the G18, the precursor to the G18C. This slide offers a longer barrel (G34 length) with compensation cuts, while the slide is normal cut unlike the G18C's. These slides are usually very easy to find, and range from $50-70 - very comparable versus other competitors. Note from the pictures that their newer slides have some proprietary parts for mounting (namely a separate extractor and BBU mounting nut).

Boom Arms

(Boom Arms G19 Shuey Custom Two-Tone metal slide)

Boom Arms is a very little known manufacturer, but is very well respected among GBB enthusiasts. I have personally never owned one, however one of my friends that does loves his slide very much and is very top notch quality. Their most common offerings for the KSC/KWA Glock platform are the "Shuey Custom" and "Gold Medal" custom slides for the G34, but they also make similar slides for the G17 and G19. They also make some VERY beautiful G18C slides (with German SOF trademarks), however they are getting hard to find nowadays. Pricing is comparable, anywhere from $90-110 - definitely a good buy if you can get one.

Others

(G&P G17 metal slide. Notice the incorrectly placed trademarks and shallow engraving.)

G&P - The only offering I know G&P makes is a Glock 17 slide. However the QC for these are off the charts - some have really horrible paint finish, while others the trademarks are completely in the wrong place. Although one of the cheapest options (at $40-50), I would heavily suggest against this slide.

G&G - G&G used to be pretty big on the GBB scene, but now their products are out of production and getting hard to find. Their most famous offering was the G19 slide kit, as well as several threaded outer barrels for the 17/18C/19. As with many of their older products the slide is made of a magnesium alloy, so it's very light yet durable. Their price points used to be very low (I believe $50-70), but now are out of stock everywhere - if you can find a kit, buy it.

(Airsoft Surgeon G17 Caspian metal slide with Compensator)

Airsoft Surgeon - AS offers very few products for the platform, namely a few two-tone G17 and G34 slides - they even include compensators. Quality should be decent, however AS products are more expensive than the rest - the average kit costs $150-180. Suggested only if they provide a slide you MUST have, or you have a lot of disposable income.

(Creation G17 metal slide and outer barrel)

Creation - Creation is a relatively old company that made a lot of quality parts for GBB's. From what I know they only used to make a metal slide kit for the G17 (seen above) - quality is very good, and at a price point of $100 it's very worth the money. However they are very hard to find nowadays - if you can find one, definitely grab it as it is definitely a very good piece.

(Detonator G19 Bowie Tactical metal slide with clone Trijicon Night Sights)

(Detonator G18C metal slide with clone Trijicon Night Sights)

Detonator - A relatively new brand based in Korea, UNCompany has now offered these slides mainly for the G17/G18C/G19. Even with its limited release, I'm sure more slides will come out. One of their key differences is that the slides have front serrations, a new trend in real steel shooting that allows for multiple points for the user to rack the slide back. A bonus for these slide kits is they include mock Trijicon Night Sights (in the RS world, these go for $100 new), as well as some including Bowie Tactical Concepts trademarks. These kits sell for the most - $180-200, however for what's included it could be worth it. The products are a very new release, so very little is known about them.

Threaded Outer Barrels

Although I'm not a huge proponent of using mock mock mock silencers on GBB pistols, threaded barrels do exist for the KSC/KWA Glock platform. Guarder is the most plentiful choice for full size standard frame models, while G&G used to make a threaded barrel for the G17/18C/19 models. Besides these two, I'm not aware of any other threaded barrel offerings.

Both (especially the G&G) are extremely hard to find right now.

B. Sights

(Stock KSC Glock sight set on left, Big Dragon Amber fiber-optic sight set on right)

Sights aren't a plus side for Glocks - most aren't adjustable, and the rear sight is only movable for windage. KSC/KWA only offer three types of sights - the standard dot front sight, the standard rear sight, and the adjustable rear sight (only for G34's).

There are a few aftermarket versions though:

Fiber Optic Sights - These sights are "illuminated" when they take in light from the top, which allow for better acquisition. RS shooters sometimes mix and match colors for easier sight alignment in stress situations. Currently Big Dragon, Freedom Art, and Proud all offer fiber optic options in red, green, and amber.

Red Dot Mounts - Silverback makes an adapter for replacing the rear sight with a red dot mount, able to mount sights that use the Docter-style mount. This includes but isn't limit to Docter sights, MRDS's, Burris Fastfires, and more. I currently have one mounted on my G34 with an Element MRDS on top.

(KSC G34 with Element MRDS on a Silverback RDS Glock mount, lower fitted with Insight XML)

Replacement Sights - This category is not very varied, since I'm not aware of any real aftermarket sights made especially for the KSC/KWA Glock. Detenator as mentioned earlier is selling Trijicon-type sights with their slides, and I'm sure a few others sell sights modeled after some real steel ones; unfortunately I do not know much about this. However sight compatibility with RS Glocks is very good - read further down for more information.

C. Frames

KSC/KWA have produced a LOT of different lower frames in their history, most of them changing based on legal precedent from Glock Inc. Listed below are the different possible frames offered, as well as a picture of what I've seen. Most info is gathered from the most common full standard frame, but can also apply to compact and subcompact frames. Directions (L or R) designated which side of the frame the trademark is found.

KSC Fully Traded Frame (V1)
-Austria trademarks on right
-Glock logo on left

KSC Fully Traded Frame (V2)
-Milspec trademarks on right
-NO Glock logo on left
-Some older models may have 2-pin copy only, unlike later 3-pin copies (still Gen3 though)

KWA Frame
-NO trademarks on right
-NO Glock logo on left
-Taiwanese version will have "Made in Taiwan" trademark on right

Only one company companies makes an aftermarket frame - the Pro-Arms Frame for G17/G18C/G34. Unfortunately the frame is offered only for full standard frames, and no frames have been made for compact or subcompact pistols. The trademarks are all done correctly - Glock logo on the left, but Milspec trades on the right, to the despair of pure Austrian trademark fans - and the finish is not as shiny as those found on KWA frames. Price is usually $25, very acceptable for such an upgrade.

However, recently, I obtained a Pro-Arms frame and it is very disappointing. Cast marks everywhere, mag tolerances not correct, mag catch/hammer assembly fitting issues...I ending up ditched it completely for a KSC V2 frame. Apparently their QC is very bad, as my friend who bought an early run Pro-Arms frame loves his. So buy with caution.

D. Magazines

There are several types of magazines - listed are the round capacities and what guns they'll fit:

15-round: G26, G26C
20-round: G19, G23F, G26 + G26C with grip adaptor
23-round: G17, G18C, G34, G19 + G23F with grip adaptor for compact frames, G26 + G26C with grip adaptor for subcompact frames
50-round: All models

There are just two versions of these magazines - KSC (trademarked) or KWA (non-trademarked or trademarked removed). Trademarked magazines have a "Glock" logo on the back, as well as a trademarked baseplate; KWA's either do not have the trademark at all or the trademarked is removed with a huge stamped out circle in the middle.

Currently two aftermarket options are offered:

AABB - Currently only make a 50-round version. At only $15-20 per magazine they are considerable cheaper than their KSC/KWA counterparts, however out of the box leak and consistency issues have been reported. Buy only if you are comfortable with repairing them to make them work reliably.

RATech/HAW-SAN - These magazines are CO2 capsule powered, and have versions for both the G17/G18C/G34 and the G19/G23F. Tests show that these magazines are properly regulated (output FPS is barely higher than that of green gas) but can be used in subzero temperatures. However I have not seen many reports regarding these magazines, so further research is needed. Do note that you cannot swap baseplates with these magazines, as they come "pre-fitted" with +2 type baseplates, and need the space to fit the proper CO2 capsule.

Magazine upgrades mainly just include magazine plates for custom appearance builds. KWA base plates include holes in the middle for speedier gas filling, while KSC and Proud offer fully trademarked plates, both in normal and +2 flavors. Most plates sell single or in 3-packs, and range anywhere from $5-15. I personally see Magpul Speedplates as a good investment, as they help increase reload speed and magazine-from-pouch acquisition.

E. Miscellaneous

A few other upgrade parts that were not mentioned before are presented here.

Magazine Release

(Stock KWA G17 magazine release on top, stock KSC G34 extended magazine release on bottom. Notice the length differences and the signs of material wear.)

This part is actually a common problem for KSC/KWA Glocks. Because the release is made of plastic and the magazine is made of metal, prolonged usage of the gun can result in the release's wear, which results in the magazine sitting lower and lower in the frame. The improper magazine seat leads to weak or incomplete strikes on the release valve by the valve striker in the hammer assembly, which leads to huge FPS drops or even total pistol malfunction.

There are only two versions of the release - the normal release (found in all pistols except the G34), and the extended release (found in the G34, since it's a "race gun" variant), which is about 2-3mm longer than the normal release. Personally I find the extended release MUCH better than the standard release; therefore all my Glocks have extended releases.

One option the Guarder Metal Magazine Release, which eliminates the magazine problem completely; however the release is only offered in the normal length. The other option is the AIP Aluminum Magazine Release - it's the same as the Guarder one, however the surface area of the release is increased via an add-on plate.

Slide Release
There are no aftermarket versions, but KSC/KWA offer two versions - the normal release (for all models except the G34), and the extended release (found in the G34, since it's a "race gun" variant), which has a bulge on the release to help users reach the release a lot easier. Personally I find the standard release very low-profile and hard to reach, therefore all models I use have some sort of extended slide release.

Scope Mounts
Scope mounts are widely found and made by a plethora of manufacturers - these mainly involve fitting the mount to the frame rail mount, giving a weaver rail mount on top of the slide. This gives the user an infinite possibility of using red dot sights and scopes, however two issues come up:

1. Full pistol disassembly is difficult with the mount on, and will require removal possibly for even field stripping.
2. Most scope mounts, in this author's opinion, look very ugly. But, to each his own.

Lasers
To my knowledge, lasers for the Glock are limitless due to the rail mount on the frame. However there are two products that are meant for Glocks only - the Silverback Laser Grip, and the OP Frame Laser Sight. The former is mounted on the grip, while the latter is streamlined with the frame and mounted on the frame rail.

Other
There are some other misc. upgrades found out there, either not in groups or just randomly by themselves. Listed below are random ones I've noticed in the past. Pictures are not given, but links are.

Strike Front for G17/G18C - http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ea-strike-front-compensator-for-g17-g18c.html

Strike Front with Upper Rail for G17/G18C - http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/big-dragon-strike-front-kit-for-glock-pistol.html

F. Real Steel Compatibility

One of the gems of the KSC/KWA platform is that it can accept real steel parts with little or no modification - this is very true to external parts. Listed below are compatible upgrades I found were possible.

Magazine Release

Real steel magazine releases are a drop in fit - this opens up the possibility of replacements for the stock release issues limitless, from JP Enterprises to Vicker's Tactical Releases. Button travel distance decreases as well, so you don't have to press the release in as much to release the magazine. I currently run a LWD Extended Release on my G18, and a JP Enterprises Tactical Release on my IPSC G34.

Slide Release
Another compatible part, however this requires modifications. On the KSC/KWA platform, the front trigger housing pin is held in by the pin that goes through the frame, as well as a larger hollow cylinder that goes into the actual trigger housing. However such a housing is non-existent in RS Glocks - just the pin is, so RS slide releases fitment holes are smaller than those of the KSC/KWA ones. About 5-10 minutes of enlarging the hole is required, then the release is a drop in fit. There are a LOT more controls available for RS Glocks, including extended and even chrome controls.

Do note that the tension spring for the slide release is sturdier and stronger than the stock KSC/KWA one, so that's another benefit of using a RS release. I use a LWD Extended G34 release for my G18, and an Aro-Tec Extended Release for my IPSC G34.

(KSC G34 and KSC G18. Note the JPE mag release and Aro-Tek slide release on the G34, and the Lone Wolf mag release and LWD mag release on the G18.)

Slide Lock Lever

(Stock KWA slide lock lever on top, RS LWD extended slide lock ever on bottom. Notice the heavy wear on the KWA piece and the extended length and complete lack of wear on the LWD release.)

This is the lever you slide down to field-strip the slide from the frame. The piece is made of pot metal for the KSC/KWA platform, so prolonged use can result in heavy wear in the piece, resulting in the slide undesirably shooting off the frame when the magazine is not inserted. Fortunately RS parts will work as well, however a very small modification is needed. RS Glock slide lock lever springs have a smaller width than the KSC/KWA ones do, so you will either need to file/sand the lever notch bigger, or file/sand the KSC/KWA slide lock lever spring smaller.

I use a LWD Extended lever in both my G18 and IPSC G34 - it's made of steel, so wear is almost non-existent.

Sights
The RS world has a plethora of sights - from Trijicon tritium night sights to Tru-Glo fiber optic sights. Almost all will fit in the KSC/KWA Glocks - the front pin is "captive held" (basically just push the sight in for installation) or "slide held" (similar to that found on the G23F), and rear sights are all fitted by sliding it on the rear sight grooves on the slide (I'm not 100% on this but that's what I'm guessing happens for RS Glocks - minor filing might have to be done to make it fit your slide). When buying a sight make sure you get the proper version, otherwise they should pretty much all work.

I have a metal elongated Glock bead sight on my IPSC G34 - fit was simply a punch in to the slide.

(RS beaded Glock front sight on KSC G34)

Magwell/Lanyard Plug
Magwells are usually for IPSC builds, where the frame's magazine well is enlargened to allow for quicker reloads. Most RS magwells I encounter simply use a friction-lock-type mechanism that sits in the rear hole behind the magazine well - I currently use a JP Enterprises magwell for my G34, and that's how it locks.

Toyko Marui I believe uses a different system, by having a small hole near the bottom rear of the lower frame. You might be able to fit such magwells on KSC/KWA Glocks, however it's known that TM frames are slightly wider than KSC/KWA/RS Glocks, so it's not a suggested move unless you want to do the extra custom work.

VI. Disassembly

Because I own both semi-automatic and select fire Glocks, I will post here disassembly videos (COMPLETE, to reach ALL parts) for both systems here. Reassembly videos can be found in the next section.

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for weapon malfunction or damages caused by following my videos - they are instructional in nature and are simply how I personally disassemble/reassemble my Glocks. Disassemble your gun at your own risk, I am not liable for damages that occur to your gun.

A. Semi-automatic only

B. Select Fire

VII. Reassembly

Posted here are the reassembly videos for both internal systems.

A. Semi-automatic only

B. Select Fire

VIII. Malfunction Diagnosis

Most of the time you will find articles that do either one of two things for KSC/KWA Glocks - praise the hell out of them, or bash them into the ground. Although Glocks are extremely good performers and can last a long time, they are also known for breaking down awfully fast - the reason for these huge differences in durability reports is unknown, at least to me. For example, at time of writing, my KSC G18 is performing perfectly with more than 500 rounds through it, while my G34 still sits in a bin refusing to operate for some unknown reason.

As the same applies for AEG's of any sort, Glock "malfunctions" are caused by any number of issues - there is usually never a singular fault of a specific issues (think genes in DNA causing disease...ok I'm getting too biological here). Although some issues were advised and stated before, I will now compile the issues known to me so far that lead to KSC/KWA Glock malfunctions.

A. Common Problems

Worn Magazine Release
This is by FAR the most common issue, something KSC and KWA should have long ago addressed in my honest opinion. Because the magazines are made of metal (opposed to polymer for RS Glocks), the constant sliding/lock/releasing of the magazine versus the plastic material of the magazine release causes irreversible wear. Over time, the magazine release locks the magazine in a lower position, which results in the valve striker not hitting the magazine release valve far inwards enough - less gas is released than would be if the magazine release valve were at the correct height.

The result is a low-FPS, weak-blowback shot (the most common symptom), in some cases where the slide doesn't blowback at all and the shot sounds like a small "putt" sound. This could lead to other problems, but so far as stated, a weak shot is the most commonly observed result.

The solution? Either buy a metal magazine release (Guarder and ACM manufacturer AIP are so far the only ones to make them), or buy a RS magazine release (although still made of polymer, it is a lot tougher than KSC/KWA's plastic).

Broken Rocket Valve
This is the second most common problem for Glocks. Also known as Part #24 or the loading nozzle valve, KSC/KWA has always made this part out of plastic (until recently where KSC has begun to make metal ones). This isn't an issue in Japan where the use 134a, however everywhere else where green gas/propane is used more, the increase in pressure and stress on this part results in it snapping in half - damage varies from having part of the valve shot out of the gun to pieces of the valve floating in the loading nozzle.

The result hugely varies - I've observed/heard reports of slides failing to return to battery, weak-powered shots, no blowback, erratic gas consumption/blowback patterns - the list goes on. Just know that a broken floating valve is common, and could be the reason to a number of problems.

Solving this, as with the mag release issue, is the same - buy a new one, preferably metal. As stated in the internals section, multiple manufacturers including KSC themselves make metal rocket valves.

Damaged/Shortened Loading Nozzle Springs
Another common problem seen for Glocks is having damaged loading nozzle springs. Seen on all GBB pistols, the loading nozzle spring ensures the nozzle properly retracts and extend with each shot. However, because reassembly for the Glock blowback unit is a bit tough, it's easy to damage or crimp the loading nozzle springs during reinstallation.

Problems enter a wide variety - failure to return to battery, low powered shots, etc. (you've basically heard it all now).

The only real solution is to simply buy new springs - there really aren't any reinforced versions (comon, it's just a spring). One simply must be cautious during BBU reinstallation.

Weakened Hammer Spring
This is mainly an issue for those who've owned Glocks over several years (or so I'd assume). Over time some Glock hammer springs have known to lose their elastic properties, and as a result "weaken" over time - the cause of this is unknown to this author. The result is the valve striker does not strike the magazine release valve as quick as it's supposed to.

Symptoms mainly include a weak powered shot/little-to-no blowback.

Solving this usually just requires buying a more beefed up spring (if you have a metal slide) or a stock new spring (if you have a plastic slide), however going into the hammer mechanism scares a lot of people due to its number of moving parts (if you need help, check my disassembly/reassembly guide above).

Worn Parts
This is probably the most frustrating issue for most Glock users - worn parts. Most pistols have high-stress parts within them that wear over time, however it's well known that Glocks somehow wear down faster with use. The most common part worn down is the actual hammer, though I'm not entirely sure what issues this causes. Because of the number of moving parts (especially within select-fire Glocks such as the 18C/23F/26C) Glocks are very picky regarding the meshing and interaction between parts - if one part is worn, then the whole pistol will not function.

It's a very vague section to describe, as any number of worn parts could lead to a number of issues. If in doubt, try to access pictures of parts that are not worn, then compare them to your own part. Otherwise, try your best and pinpoint any specific worn parts that would possibly solve the issue. I am absolutely terrible at diagnosing worn-part problems, so please, don't come to me for questions since I won't be able to help much (sorry).

KWA's Pro Shop and numerous Hong Kong retailers sell KWA and KSC parts (respectively) - make sure you have your parts guide ready. KWA's Pro Shop does not list them as a section, however if you do a search for the parts (say, "G17") they will show up.

B. Miscellaneous/Notes

There are a few things to note when trying to diagnose your problem. These are general statements but also help when trying to find out why your Glock is malfunctioning.

When a Glock's slide is locked back, you should be able to pull the trigger without releasing the hammer. If one does however release the hammer, this indicates a possible problem with the BBU/hammer mechanism interaction.

"Stuck" Slides
Some, myself included, have found that the slide "sticks" after some shots (an issue between BBU/hammer mech interaction) - the slide is ridiculously hard to pull back, and often will not return to battery. You obviously want to remove the slide from the lower frame to see what's up in this case. Do NOT use brute force and attempt to force the slide back into battery, as this can result in breaking the slide rear plate or further damage internal parts.

Go through this checklist:

1. Lock back the slide to the best of your ability.
2. Ensure the loading nozzle is retracted into the rear of the slide.
3. Place your finger under/behind the trigger, pushing it forward.
4. Release the slide into battery, all while continuing to push the trigger forward.
5. If you're lucky, the slide will have returned to battery, with the trigger appearing to be engaged (all the way back).
6. If slide remains stuck, retry steps 1-4 until step 5 has been achieved.
7. Powerstroke the slide one last time, then disassemble slide from lower frame as normal.

IX. Miscellaneous

Listed here are some other facts regarding the KSC/KWA Glock platform.

A. Carbine Kits/Accessories

Recently there has been an influx of carbine kits, converting pistols into short barreled carbines for precision shooting. Of course this doesn't really matter in airsoft, but for such a short "SMG" to be used in CQB fields is pretty useful.

All these upgrades mainly pertain to full frame Glocks, namely the G17 and G18C, but some are able to fit smaller models as well.

Stock Kits
These kits are simply adapters that fit on the frame of the Glock that gives the pistol a stock, or allows for adding a stock. Both products are ACM, however naming might be difficult since they can be given different names at different retailers. One stock, the Tactical Collapsible Stock is modeled after the RS stock Glock produces - it fits in the rear magwell and contains a folding cheekrest. The other one, the M4 Stock Adapter, allows for installation of a M4 buffer tube and a M4-style stock. Both options are offered in tan and black.

Both aren't very aesthetically appealing, as other options are more durable and look better.

Drop-In Stock Kits
These are different from the previous option since the Glock pistol is simply dropped into the frame, then the whole gun is used as a SMG/carbine. There are currently several options for this.

HERA Arms Stock - AABB makes a clone of the RS HERA Arms Stock for Glock pistols. Most models should be able to fit in the stock (fitment is via removal of only one screw), and can use any magazine for the specified pistol since the lower frame still sticks out. The slide is racked back via an external charging handle that latches on the rear sight. One downside is that for G18C models, you cannot switch the fire selection without making modifications to the actual stock frame. Overall quality is good, and has four sides of rails for additional addons. Models are offered in black and tan. For $50-70, it's an excellent kit.

There are now two versions of this stock - the newer one has an elongated outer barrel and the capability of folding the rear section of the stock.

CAA Tactical RONI Stock - WII (not Nintendo, some random ACM company) released a clone of the CAA Tactical RONI stock. Similar to the HERA stock, but installation is even quicker by removal of one screw and a "fold out" section that allows to fit the pistol in. I do not know regarding the fire selection, but if it's anything like the HERA, it cannot be done on the fly. This stock offers RIS sections on the sides and on top, but also offers a folding foregrip up front and an adjustable stock on the back. Offered in black and tan as well, and it's price point is about $20-40 more expensive than the HERA kit, depending where you look.

Magpul PTS FPG
The coolest of all stock kits, the FPG "Folding Pocket Gun" is Magpul's take on a fully automatic, foldable and non-discrete backup gun for VIP's, based on Eugene Stoner's original FMG-9 design. Since the laws regarding such a weapon are strict in the RS world, Magpul decided to introduce it to the airsoft world instead. The gun contains a full select-fire lower frame, so the kit only needs a G18C donor slide assembly; PTS does sell the full FPG gun as well. The inner barrel is supposed to be a lot longer than normal Glocks, so accuracy is upped a bit. Fire selection and slide disassembly is not ideal, however it doesn't involve screws and such as in the RONI and HERA stocks. The coolest feature is flipping the gun from a briefcase-looking box to a full auto mini-beast.

The kit is also the most expensive - $180-220 for the kit alone, and $300-400 for the whole gun. Numerous manufacturers (namely Shooters Design, Beta Project, and PTS) offer accessories and reinforced parts for the FPG, so finding them should not be hard.

B. Personal Armory

So what's the point of me writing this whole guide without posting a few builds of my own?

I've owned way too many Glocks in the past - off the top of my head I recall me owning 2 G17's, 4 G18C's, 1 G19, 2 G23F's, and 2 G34's. Though I will say I'm not the best tech there is - some have come and gone from my hands broken; sadly, as Glocks are fickle creatures. Below are two of the builds I have kept and are using today. Note RS denotes Real Steel (unfortunately I have a bit of a RS-parts-on-airsoft fetish XD).

IPSC-themed KSC G34

Internals
KSC G34 Base
PDI 6.01mm G34 Tightbore Barrel
Shooters Design Reinforced Loading Ramp
Shooters Design Metal Rocket Valve
Shooters Design Steel Valve Striker
Hidakaya Steel Hammer
HurricanE 150% Hammer Spring
HurricanE Enhanced Recoil Spring
HurricanE Metal Spring Guide
HurricanE Magazine HiFlow Valve

Externals
Pro-Arms G17/34 Tan Frame
KSC G34 Metal Slide/Outer Barrel
Silverback Rear Sight Adapter
Element MRDS
Magpul PTS Speedplate
RS Glock Beaded Front Sight
RS LWD Extended Slide Lock Lever
RS Aro-Tek Extended Slide Release
RS Mag-Loc Competition-M Thumb Rest
RS JP Enterprises Tactical Magazine Release
RS JP Enterprises Magwell

KSC G18

Internals
KSC G18C Base
KM 1950 Head 6.03mm G17 Tightbore Barrel
Firefly Metal Rocket Valve
Guarder 150% Hammer Spring
Guarder 150% Recoil Spring
Guarder Metal Spring Guide

Externals
PGC G18 Metal Slide/Outer Barrel
KSC G34 Rear Sight
Magpul PTS Speedplate
RS LWD Extended Slide Lock Lever
RS LWD Extended Slide Release
RS Magloc Duty-M Thumb Rest

X. Further Reading

Posted here are links for further info, or reference material stated in the preceding guide.

Parts Diagrams

G17/G34 Parts Diagram
http://www.kwausa.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21

G18C Parts Diagram
http://www.kwausa.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22

G19 Parts Diagram
http://www.kwausa.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23

G23F Parts Diagram
http://www.kwausa.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24

G26C Parts Diagram
http://www.kwausa.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25

Unconventional Airsoft's Guide to Homemade Hi-Flow Valves
http://unconventional-airsoft.com/2003/11/16/how-to-make-a-hiflow-valve/

XI. Credits/Thanks

Thanks go out to:

UNCompany, DenTrinity, eHobbyAsia, and ProG4 for providing most of the stock product pictures.
The Vainguard of ASF, who got me my G34 race project going and getting me back into the Glock craze.
fcma172 and Hollowplague of ASF, who further poisoned my mind with a G17 and then two G18C's, respectively.
WhatTheWho of ASR, who helped add details regarding older versions of Glocks.
Everyone else who helped with revisions and proofreading of the guide.

This guide couldn't have been finished without all your help - thanks so much :), you all get cookies.

THIS GUIDE IS THE PROPERTY OF AZNRIPTIDE859, DRAFTED 2011. REPRODUCTION, RELEASE, AND FURTHER DISTRIBUTION IS PROHIBITED WITHOUT MY PERSONAL CONSENT AND AGREEMENT.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 11:22:49 PM by aznriptide859 »

aznriptide859

• Communist Mod
  • Ad Subscriber
  • General
  • *burp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 12:45:25 AM »

Excuse me for those posts I removed - I couldn't find how to insert my reply (I had surpassed the character-per-post limit, so I had to add a reply/second post) before the other posts.

Feedback is still very welcome.

rankross1

• Captain
  • magpull whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 01:33:20 AM »

i hate you. i sold my KWA glock a few years back and your makeing me regret it even more.

one little error i found if you care

SD makes some VERY good quality parts, and their slides/outer barrel sets are no exception. Unfortunately I have never owned one, so I do not the their installation difficulty, however their slides are HIGHLY recommended. The price range is a bit higher than KSC - anywhere from $80-150.
AS-R: where the rules are merely suggestions and you're going to do what you want anyway.

Agent007

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 12:52:08 PM »

Very nicely put together, good job. I have a question, do you know if the fake serial numbers are the same between KWA and KSC?
TM AK47   KSC G19   WE G39C

Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast.

aznriptide859

• Communist Mod
  • Ad Subscriber
  • General
  • *burp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 12:57:48 PM »

They are not, however I've been swapping so many parts that I lost track of which is which. I'll get a picture of all the ones that are "possible".

Ryan 418

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 01:14:50 PM »

No problem. Excellent guide for the KWA/KSC G/M series of pistols. Should have grabbed a M17 from KWA when I had the chance :-\
I'm going to miss those Inokatsu girls so much...nothing like displaying an AKM with a hot asian girl next to it.
aznriptide859

Agent007

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 04:21:34 PM »

They are not, however I've been swapping so many parts that I lost track of which is which. I'll get a picture of all the ones that are "possible".

Ok, just curious. I know the KSC G19s say "COP471" on the slide and barrel, plastic and metal versions.
From looking at pics, i think both the KWA and KSC both says COP471US on the frame. I didn't know if this would be a way a differentiate between KWA and KSC but it seems not.
TM AK47   KSC G19   WE G39C

Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast.

aznriptide859

• Communist Mod
  • Ad Subscriber
  • General
  • *burp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 06:42:31 PM »

Two of mine say "CSK588US", while the other two say "CQB911US" - seems that's the option for full frames at least, probably different for the other models (like your G19).

I also added some new info (stuff on Creation, ProG4, etc.)

kempobmx1

• Major
  • KWA Snob
    • View Profile
    • Zach Billings
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 04:24:37 PM »

Just my two cents. My KWA M19 (aka G19/Glock 19) is by far and away the best gas pistol I've ever handled, even when compared to KWA's high performance range of current models. It's been as reliable as time ever since I replaced the plastic stock rocket valve with the Airsoft Surgeon floating valve seen above (I went through 3 stock rocket valves between two G19s before learning of the A.S. Floating Valve). I would, without hesitation, pay $200+ for a KWA Glock replica in factory condition and probably $300+ for a G18c in that condition. If anyone gets a chance to lay hands on even a broken KWA Glock (as many parts are still available to repair them), buy it.

Very detailed guide azn. I'm a patient guy and didn't have the attention span for the whole thing!

edit: Might I add that I'm very excited for the ATP to come out. An updated version of KWA's best pistol platform should be a stunning combat pistol.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 04:28:19 PM by kempobmx1 »
~KWA G19 ~ KWA USP KP45 ~ KWA USP KP45 NS2 ~ KWA KZ75 ~ KWA ATP
~H&K (KWA) MP7A1 ~ KWA MP9
~KWA SR12 ~ KWA M16BR
Sold modified KWA M4A1 primary in anticipation of the LM4 GBBR civilian US release. Going full gas once it's out.
^Engineered to Outperform^

Apotheosis

• Captain
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 10:44:55 PM »

edit: Might I add that I'm very excited for the ATP to come out. An updated version of KWA's best pistol platform should be a stunning combat pistol.

It might be a good gun, but I'm not sure I could get past the looks of it. I don't think I could pass up my KSC G17 for one haha

kempobmx1

• Major
  • KWA Snob
    • View Profile
    • Zach Billings
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 12:24:54 PM »

Oh I'd certainly never give up my G19 for one but I'm excited for the pure functionality of a gun based on the M Series and modified for modernity.
~KWA SR12 ~ KWA M16BR
Sold modified KWA M4A1 primary in anticipation of the LM4 GBBR civilian US release. Going full gas once it's out.

nrown

• 2 Strikes
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2011, 11:02:30 PM »

hey a quick question, i own a KWA G18c, and have been having a bit of trouble with it lately, as in it just drops out mags sometimes, I'm pretty sure this is because of the mag release, but i don't want to do anything with it until i get some feedback
TTC

Apotheosis

• Captain
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2011, 11:08:58 PM »

Sounds like a worn mag release to me.

aznriptide859

• Communist Mod
  • Ad Subscriber
  • General
  • *burp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2011, 11:17:35 PM »

Definitely. Get a metal one, preferably the Guarder one - or just get a RS one.

nrown

• 2 Strikes
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2011, 11:31:15 PM »

thanks
TTC

vengecore

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2011, 09:58:58 AM »

Technically the System 7 Glock replicas are different from the previous versions. They added the Aluminum floating rocket/plunger valve that is common amongst all system 7/NS2 gas guns from KWA/KSC. But otherwise you are correct, the G series was the model for the System 7/NS2 designs.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 10:17:04 AM by vengecore »

aznriptide859

• Communist Mod
  • Ad Subscriber
  • General
  • *burp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2011, 11:48:04 AM »

I have NEVER seen a Glock that came pre-installed with a metal floating valve - do you have any proof/evidence of this?

kempobmx1

• Major
  • KWA Snob
    • View Profile
    • Zach Billings
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2011, 10:45:41 PM »

This is purely speculative, but since KWA is the OEM for KSC it makes some sense. I'm sure they've stopped manufacturing the plastic valves, since they've switched over to metal in their guns. I would imagine that the same would have happened to KSC's System 7, since I would think KWA would want to use standardized parts when possible. I've never owned a KSC and have no interest in ever handling one, but from what I know of the relationship between KWA and KSC, it seemed logical.
~KWA SR12 ~ KWA M16BR

Apotheosis

• Captain
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2011, 11:30:51 PM »

I have a KSC I bought not too long ago, and it came with a plastic valve, not a metal one.

kempobmx1

• Major
  • KWA Snob
    • View Profile
    • Zach Billings
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2011, 07:12:23 AM »

Interesting.
~KWA SR12 ~ KWA M16BR

vengecore

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2011, 09:42:38 AM »

I have NEVER seen a Glock that came pre-installed with a metal floating valve - do you have any proof/evidence of this?

Honestly I can't say I have proof, as my G17 is an older KWA model. I only assumed that when HK retailers were selling this new "System 7 Glock" that was the only improvement. Personally, as soon as my shop got some of the new Metal floating valves as spare parts from KWAUSA, I immediately bought one and upgraded my pistol. I am the Gas gun tech here, all the new "NS2" KWA's currently come with this valve installed now. From the M9s, 1911s to the M11. If KWA/KSC of Taiwan isn't building their current production Glock replicas with this improved piece, consider me perplexed.

I have a KSC I bought not too long ago, and it came with a plastic valve, not a metal one.

Was your pistol advertised as System 7 or NS2?

Apotheosis

• Captain
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2011, 10:14:05 AM »

Was your pistol advertised as System 7 or NS2?

It wasn't specified.

WhatTheWho

• O.S.A.M.A.
  • Major
  • More Glocks Needed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2011, 04:17:00 PM »

There have been at least 3 versions of frames that KSC has produced. Versions 1 and 2 consisted of the same detailed trademarking; however, Version 1's finish was very shiny in comparison to Version 2, which was a more matte finish. The change in frames coincided with the change in internal parts of the semi-auto Glocks, namely the hammer, hammer housing, and trigger bar. This change occurred sometime around 2001/02 or earlier IIRC.

I've owned both V1 and V2, and the shine on V1's were pretty ugly. And also to note, you can easily tell if you have a V1 if the trigger does not lock back when you release the hammer with no magazine in.

I've found V2's to have the most exacting look in terms of trademarks to the RS. You'd be hard pressed to find them now. I've snatched up as many as I could once the V3's began being produced.

And just a small note to add, there are no RS 26C's or 23F's as mentioned in your list. But the actual semi-auto 26's and 23's are chambered from as listed.
The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.

aznriptide859

• Communist Mod
  • Ad Subscriber
  • General
  • *burp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2011, 06:05:55 PM »

Thanks for the info - I'll add that bit in my writeup.

Also I managed to finish recording my semi auto disassembly and reassembly vids - they'll come up later tonight.

EDIT: Jeesus this is going go take a long time...the disassembly vid as 15 minutes, while the reassembly is almost twice that length. Yay for 2 hours of Glock working vids LOL.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 07:53:07 PM by aznriptide859 »
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 1.277 seconds with 27 queries.